Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got new mask. Am I having mouth leaks?
Got new mask. Am I having mouth leaks?
Hey everyone, hope you are doing well! I got a new nasal mask which I am trying out with a chin strap. But I had a leak of 17/20, and I've included my oscar data below. Does this mean the chin strap is not working, and I'm having mouth leaks? Or does this mean that maybe the nasal mask wasn't strapped tight enough, and it moved during the night. 

Should I just go back to a full face mask?

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got new mask. Am I having mouth leaks?
Given the flat tops on the leak line, I would guess you are mouth leaking. This probably means the chin strap isn't tight enough. Or that it will take some time to train your mouth not to open. Or both...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got new mask. Am I having mouth leaks?
Okay thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 357 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 308 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 226 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 133 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 105 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.