Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gotta keep an eye on the DME supplier
Gotta keep an eye on the DME supplier
This is the first time in my life having to deal with any DME supplier since having started sleep apnea therapy back in Sept. of 2018. 

It's been going pretty good up until today. I received a bill from my DME. The bill stated that I owed a little under $11.00. I turned it over and took a look at the itemized statement. 

There were three charges. One was for CPAP rental, another for modem rental, and one for a heated humidifier. None of those were valid and I knew it. I called the toll-free # and spent about 20 min. on the phone with two different people. 

I told them that my CPAP machine was paid for in full as of 10-9-19. I also told them that I had never been charged a modem fee in the past. I asked what a heated humidifier was? I mean I know what one is, but it's part of my machine, so why would I need to pay for it? 

After waiting on hold for longer than I liked, I was finally told to disregard the bill in it's entirety. I was told that I would no longer be billed for my co-pay for the CPAP rental or lease, whatever you want to call it. 

I got the female's name and she told me the documentation date / time she noted on my account. Anyways, I was pleased with the outcome and hopefully, I will no longer be billed, except for re-supplies that I receive from time to time. 

My lease for the machine was up a couple of weeks before I turned 65 and went on Medicare. I made sure that they were aware of that fact. 

Anyways, the true test will be the next time they notify me it's time to be shipped supplies. No more CPAP rental co-pays.  Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gotta keep an eye on the DME supplier
What a pain. And such a shame.

Way to advocate for yourself!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many insurance policies reset at the beginning of the calendar year, so this is a good time to review that coverage and make sure deductibles and copay are actually due. Well done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP you have Lincare don’t you? They tried billing me $52 for the same thing when my insurance covers 100% of the machine. I got a stammered response when I said why are you billing me when my insurance is paying
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 09:02 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: OP you have Lincare don’t you? They tried billing me $52 for the same thing when my insurance covers 100% of the machine. I got a stammered response when I said why are you billing me when my insurance is paying

My DME is Rotech / Allcare. 

The Allcare office is local. But, my supplies are shipped from Rotech in Florida.
Post Reply Post Reply
They’re all shady I guess
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 10:59 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: They’re all shady I guess

I had no experience going into all this CPAP therapy stuff. 

I picked up my machine from a local DME. I felt that they did a good job and were clear when they told me how everything was going to go. 

The few times I've had to contact them, all went well. The times I had to contact the supplier in Florida, was online via chat. That too, has gone well. 

The main (head) office is in Lexington, Kentucky. That's when things tend to turn south is when I have to deal with them. IMO, I think it's a matter of poor communication between the parent company and it's subsidiaries. 

Anyways, I really can't complain all that much. There's only been a couple of times that I had to intervene to get something corrected. 

Now that I'm on Medicare, I'm on guard. I'm not sure what to expect down the road.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's all because there is an individual HCPC code for each part of the machine
They may just have given you too much information (or more than you wanted).
When you read my post it will all make sense.

Check out my latest post for details...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid324575
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m still waiting for my new mask and a heated hose. I already bought them on my own so I’m just sitting back and seeing how long they are gonna let me wait. It’s been a month and a half!!! 

We NEED this equipment in a reasonable amount of time taking into account other customers. I think it’s about time these business get called out for what they do to people

From what I understand they do the same thing to people who need bottles of oxygen also. They say they care for people...WHERE??? WHO DOES???

Maybe if these places ended up on say the nightly news they might be the ones sitting back in their chairs angry instead of people with serious medical conditions. David Muir has a way of making anything seem like a dire situation so he’d be the perfect one.

Not to mention insurance denying machines that would treat us more effectively because our AHI is under 5. Oh wait insurance companies are in the politicians back pockets so scratch that.

I got really annoyed at all this all of a sudden. Too bad all of the above would be almost impossible to pull off

Rant over
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 170 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 517 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  Gotta love my Sleep Doctor SaldusMiegas 12 1,195 11-11-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: narual
  Insurance and DME supplier vs Online purchases ajthatch 4 830 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Cpap supplier jerking your chain ger365 10 1,347 06-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Supplier no. 9? And Resmed hose question TheManseHen 5 933 04-22-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SilverD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.