Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Graph History
RE: Graph History
Are you saying that your not asleep the rest of the night?

I can’t explain what your asking, and there is no real way to know when your asleep or awake by looking at your graphs.   One thing I know is that our perception of sleep isn’t always accurate.  You may be dozing in and out of sleep when your sure your awake the entire time.

Either way, the high leaks affect how and if your machine detects events accurately.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6448][attachment=6447]Ok, last night I went to my full face mask.  I've attached the two charts.

Interestingly, it still shows the leakage.  I did sleep until about 3:30 uninterrupted.  I used the cervical collar to keep my head from drooping.  I did not detect any leakage around the mask which is the problem I was having with the full mask before.  The collar may have helped.

Even though the leakage was high the Tv was up to 560.  This tells me that it needs to be reduce back to at least 4.0 or maybe lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a complete check of your machine with the air pressure on to see if you have any leaks from the humidifier section, tubing, fittings etc Your leak rate is variable, which means there are mask leaks. Your baseline leak is somewhere around 15 L/min. If you are able to get help with your spouse, partner, a night camera or some other means of observing your sleep, I'm sure you will find the mask is slipping over your mouth and resulting in a high leak. It's not something we can do from the internet, but the leak rate reported by the machine appears to be real and variable. One quick problem is clear. Your graph shows that your machine is set to nasal pillows, and you indicated this is a FFM. That change would have made a lot of the large leak here closer to the threshold.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6449]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to set it to FFM.  It should help. 

Should I set the Tv back to 4.0 since the Tidal Volume showed to be 560?

I will set it to FFM tonight and try it again.  I have checked the machine and there are not leaks on the tank and lines.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused about setting Tv back to 4.0. Do you mean PS? It appears you are using a PS of 4.0 and your tidal volume for the session is an apparently healthy 560 mL.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I meant PS.  

I'll change the mask setting see what it does tonight...
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Grin This morning much better now that I have the device showing Full Face Mask.

Still have leakage but it is much better during the night.  See attached...

1.36 is comparable to my brother's AHI.

Tidal Volume 460.

Suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
In looking further at the acceptable leak rates for the different masks that I have been using, here are the results from Phillips.

Amara Full Face Mask with blue silicone gell: @ 10 it allows for 29.8 Liters/Min and at 20 it allows for 43.4 L/Min. Interpolating this to 14 the leak rate is 35.2 L/min.

The Nose Pillows from Phillips Nuance: @ 10 it allows for 21.9 L/Min and at 20 it allows for 31.8 L/min. Interpolating this to 14 the leak rate is 26.2 L/min.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see that UA is now distinguished as OA and the event rate is much lower. This is a pretty good win, and you should see things get better, especially if you can extend therapy and sleep to more like 7-8 hours. Normally I might be inclined to increase minimum pressure a bit, but you don't seem to respond better with higher pressure, so let's leave it alone for now. I can't explain the pronounced spikes in flow rate that seem to occur through the night i.e. 23:25, 23:41 etc.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is very close now...  AHI .88   Big Grin

I've uploaded the charts from last night.  

Due to my daughter and kids here last night only about 3.5 hours of sleep but awoke very rested...

To everyone that has commented and put up with my incessant probing....

THANK YOU...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 253 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 286 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 699 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 479 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  HELP needed for OSCAR graph analysis for first time user newbieusa 15 1,040 08-29-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: newbieusa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.