Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gray bars in sleepyhead overview USAGE graph
Question 
Gray bars in sleepyhead overview USAGE graph
When sleepyhead displays its overview tab, the usage graph color codes the bars. Most of them are blue, and those for days of less than 4 hours are red. That is useful, but then a few days display a gray bar. What is that supposed to mean? Over several weeks of usage, bars for some days have change from gray to blue as I have imported an SD card from my machine every day. One day three months back has remained gray to this very day. The most recent gray day was just 2 days ago.
What does the gray color indicate?
If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate finding out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gray bars in sleepyhead overview USAGE graph
G'day Qualtech, welcome to Apnea Board.

I believe the grey nights are those when you don't have any detailed data, just the summary stuff. Did you leave the SD card out of the machine? Or wait more than a week between downloads? That's what causes grey nights for me.

If you check your daily screen for those dates, you may find there's only summary data.
Post Reply Post Reply
DeepBreathing,
Thanks for your timely and very helpful reply. Sorry if I should have known the missing detail data causes the bar to go gray. I did several searches here and other places as well, but even though the question seems to have been asked before, I found no clear and helpful answers until your reply.
Researching my machine use led me to notice that for the days in question I had put the SD card back into the machine locked after checking my sleep report in the middle of the night.
All it seems to take to get a gray bar is to have missing detail data for any session that shows up in the summary data.
That explains what I was doing to cause the gray bars. When you make a mistake it is nice to have an indicator like that to help you avoid repeating the same mistake. Of course you have to know what the indicator means in order to benefit from it!
You folks here at ApneaBoard are doing great things to help us all over the little bumps in the road we encounter.
I will be sure to donate as soon as I can.
Keep up the good work, and again, Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I get gray bars but have full data. But Sleepyhead seem to have a bit of trouble with my night-shifts. That´s when I go to bed at 07:00 and wake at around 14:00. Not all just some. There is usually a bit of white space at the end or beginning of the data. I think that might be what set the gray bar off in my case Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced gray bars before in the latest edition of SH.  Try rebuilding the data (Data->Rebuild CPAP Data->Your CPAP Model & S/N) then exit and restart SH. Mine will usually clear up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Qualtech -

If you are up to being able to configure a WiFi SD card in your cpap give it a try.  Many of us use a WiFi enabled SD card to wirelessly transmit data to our laptops or PCs.  Using this method you will no longer have to worry about whether your SD card is back in the machine and/or whether the card is locked or not.  

A common WiFi enabled SD card and one that many members here use is the Toshiba FlashAir W-03.  There are 2 programs written by members to configure these cards both of which are excellent and work.

FlashPap - http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashpap
Sleepmaster - http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashpap

Either of these should work and many members are able to successfully configure these cards without being tech savvy.  Of course, should you run into any difficulties there is plenty of help here.

You will need to buy the Toshiba card on-line.  Just search internet for best deal.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have grey bars also and I have green bars in Usage graph. Some of them have detailed data. I don't understand the meaning of these colours in Usage graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello - This is the question I have as well.  I'm still searhing the site for "gray", so I may yet find the answer in another post.
But if not, this is a nicely titled thread

UPDATE: I just saw this post from Crimson Nape:
"RE: Gray bars in sleepyhead overview USAGE graph

I've experienced gray bars before in the latest edition of SH.  Try rebuilding the data (Data->Rebuild CPAP Data->Your CPAP Model & S/N) then exit and restart SH. Mine will usually clear up. "

I did rebuild and it did fix the charts,  no more gray!  well, on the chart anyway.....

Thank you Crimson Nape
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrote that?  Thinking-about

Seriously, I'm glad it was helpful. In looking at the date I made that post, it was probably version 1.0.0.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 398 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Need total usage time displayed in OSCAR for FAA dadto5 4 600 11-18-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: dadto5
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 445 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 449 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 821 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,223 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 847 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.