Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great AHI readings but wrong pressures
Great AHI readings but wrong pressures
So...firstly I’m using a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with humidifcation, resmed F20 full face and climate line hose. Happy with my set up.

Was initially at min pressure of 4 and max 20. Standard setup but found the minimum pressure too low so changed things up to

Min pressure 8
Max pressure 20 
Starting pressure 8

I would never get a AHI reading above 1! Usually like 0.0 to 0.3 so I thought great my apnea cured and everything is fine and dandy but I still felt like sh*t the next day!

So I came across some dude on YouTube, can’t remember his name but great advice, who talked about the Resmed airsense 10 auto and setting it up etc in line with the recorded pressure readings. So my data was showing average pressure readings of 12.6 so I changed my maximum pressure setting to this and have since dropped it by 0.2 pressure every second night whilst keeping an eye on my AHI overnight. I’m down to pressure of 12 maximum now and still readings of around 1! 

I’m wondering whether my maximum pressure was set too high so during the night my pressures were going too high for what I needed, waking me up and making me feel rubbish the next day.

Someone also said to keep playing with maximum pressure until you can get to the lowest comfortable pressure but keeping AHI below 5.0 but preferably around 3.0! What’s your thoughts? Would mean my APAP would only vary pressure over night between about 8 and 11.5, doesn’t seem very significant However I might be thinking about this wrong
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great AHI readings but wrong pressures
How about posting your current daily graph so we can see what I get looks like but it could be something else causing your tiredness if the Sleep Apnoea is treated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great AHI readings but wrong pressures
A driver of pressure increases in the Resmed Autoset is flow limitation. As long as the machine detects that your airflow is restricted (looks like a flat inspiratory peak), it will increase pressure, even if there are no events. We frequently recommend to people with flow limiation and few apnea or hypopnea events to limit the maximum pressure so therapy stays comfortable. Another setting on your machine is EPR (exhale pressure relief) in the comfort settings. EPR reduces pressure during exhale, and can help to reduce flow limitations. If these are a feature of your sleep disordered breathing, and I bet it is, a higher EPR setting can help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 414 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 126 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 365 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 540 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 763 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 449 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.