Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great AHI score but not feeling good
Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi Zera,

Have you done a “Performance Check” on your Bipap? Just to make sure that your unit is performing as it should and to eliminate that possibility.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 12:02 PM)Zera Wrote: Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Maybe your going down with something, the numbers look good one night does not make a trend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps it's just my very limited experience with PAP users of all kinds, including all kinds of masks and delivery mechanisms, but...….snoring?  If I snore, I think it means something fairly significant is 'wrong'...or maybe just 'different'.  I never get indications of snoring, whereas I was a terrible snorer and alarmed guests when they heard it prior to my diagnosis.  To me, a sample of but one, snoring should be strictly controlled and minimized when getting the proper PAP treatment.  Perhaps I am mistaken.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good AHI but up for hours not sleeping while using CPAP so is this accurate need help RLMMG 4 136 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: RLMMG
  New and confused. feeling worse with treatment Rob S 17 4,403 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Suffocating Feeling? FatSleeper15 19 419 01-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Camera shows highly disturbed sleep but numbers are "good" geauxdbl 9 213 01-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: geauxdbl
Sad Brand new user - AHI is good but I'm EXHAUSTED! my6boyzmom 12 278 01-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Good news with side sleeping renoir 6 271 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: SleepyTexasGirl
  Good AHI but not feeling rested Pirate of the West 6 244 01-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.