Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great AHI score but not feeling good
Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi Zera,

Have you done a “Performance Check” on your Bipap? Just to make sure that your unit is performing as it should and to eliminate that possibility.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 12:02 PM)Zera Wrote: Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Maybe your going down with something, the numbers look good one night does not make a trend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps it's just my very limited experience with PAP users of all kinds, including all kinds of masks and delivery mechanisms, but...….snoring?  If I snore, I think it means something fairly significant is 'wrong'...or maybe just 'different'.  I never get indications of snoring, whereas I was a terrible snorer and alarmed guests when they heard it prior to my diagnosis.  To me, a sample of but one, snoring should be strictly controlled and minimized when getting the proper PAP treatment.  Perhaps I am mistaken.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.