Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great AHI score but not feeling good
Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great AHI score but not feeling good
Hi Zera,

Have you done a “Performance Check” on your Bipap? Just to make sure that your unit is performing as it should and to eliminate that possibility.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 12:02 PM)Zera Wrote: Hi all!

I want to thank bonjour for helping me achieve an amazing AHI score! 

Before discovering this forum, I was really struggling with my apnea and BiPAP machine! 

However a strange thing happened this morning:

I woke up feeling really tired and even after doing my morning exercise and drinking coffe, I feel a little dizzy, confused and forgetful. 
I don't understand how this could be! My AHI for the night was 2.8 (screenshots attached below), I got a lot sleep overnight and my central apnea was even zero!

I wil say that I woke up a few times during the night to the sound of my own snorin, and I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, that's all). 

What could be going on?

Maybe your going down with something, the numbers look good one night does not make a trend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps it's just my very limited experience with PAP users of all kinds, including all kinds of masks and delivery mechanisms, but...….snoring?  If I snore, I think it means something fairly significant is 'wrong'...or maybe just 'different'.  I never get indications of snoring, whereas I was a terrible snorer and alarmed guests when they heard it prior to my diagnosis.  To me, a sample of but one, snoring should be strictly controlled and minimized when getting the proper PAP treatment.  Perhaps I am mistaken.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 64 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 135 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 195 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 381 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 140 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 378 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.