Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great Night Of Sleep
Great Night Of Sleep
Well,after several year's of trying this&that.I've finally found it.Has a mouth breather.I've struggled trying to find the perfect chin strap.Well,finally got it.The Deluxe strap is great.But,a month or so ago I was struggling with being stop'd up.Thought I would try a little vick's vapor rub.Wow!!!This stuff work's like a charm.Sleeping thru the night 6-8 hour's&also my leakage rate has drop'd since switching chin strap's.Haven't had any problem's with the vick's messing up my nasal mask.Told a co-worker about my find&he stop'd me last week&said Thank You!!..He tried it&it work'd for him too..I don't worry about messing my cushion up.I get a new one every 3 month's.But,I've been washing them has normal.Once a week&haven't seen any problem's.Just thought I would share.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great Night Of Sleep
Thanks Hoseman for sharing.
I used to use that on my kids when they were stuffed up and swore by it. I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go, Hoseman! I might give Vicks a try next time I get stopped up. Mom used to rub it on our chest when we were children and had a stuffy "cold". I haven't used it in years - but think I'll get a jar of it next time I'm at the store. THANKS for the reminder.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2014, 09:25 PM)MAPnea Wrote: Way to go, Hoseman! I might give Vicks a try next time I get stopped up. Mom used to rub it on our chest when we were children and had a stuffy "cold". I haven't used it in years - but think I'll get a jar of it next time I'm at the store. THANKS for the reminder.

I use it every night now!!!!!I little grease on the nose never hurt's.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well,Been several month's.Has anyone tried my tip on vick's vapor rub..Still using it.A little around the nose work's wonder's.Sleeping 6-8 hour's straight.The best thing i have done.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just read this tip, so will pass it on to my husband. He gets a sore nose every night from his P10 pillows. We've tried everything, and now will try this. Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hoseman,
Glad to hear that the Vix is helping you and that you are getting a good nights sleep now.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Vicks works but after reading a Mayo clinic report on it I stopped using it with the pap machine. It contains camphor. Granted a small amount of camphor but camphor is toxic and absorbed directly thru mucus membranes like inside the nose.

Dont know if using it night after night would really hurt a person or not but with all the other stuff I already got dont need no extra from that. Honestly its not a decongestant. It just gives a cool feeling that tricks the brain into thinking its breathing easier.
Though it does feel like it opens you up
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 09:16 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: I just read this tip, so will pass it on to my husband. He gets a sore nose every night from his P10 pillows. We've tried everything, and now will try this. Thanks so much!

Don't put this in your nose.Will only work if you using a nasal or full face mask.I just put a little around the tip of my nose.I use a nasal mask
(10-30-2014, 04:49 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Vicks works but after reading a Mayo clinic report on it I stopped using it with the pap machine. It contains camphor. Granted a small amount of camphor but camphor is toxic and absorbed directly thru mucus membranes like inside the nose.

Dont know if using it night after night would really hurt a person or not but with all the other stuff I already got dont need no extra from that. Honestly its not a decongestant. It just gives a cool feeling that tricks the brain into thinking its breathing easier.
Though it does feel like it opens you up

We all would be dead if we listen to everything.Coffee..It work's for me..It does open my sinus'sSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 08:22 PM)HoseMan Wrote: Well,after several year's of trying this&that.I've finally found it.Has a mouth breather.I've struggled trying to find the perfect chin strap.Well,finally got it.The Deluxe strap is great.But,a month or so ago I was struggling with being stop'd up.Thought I would try a little vick's vapor rub.Wow!!!This stuff work's like a charm.Sleeping thru the night 6-8 hour's&also my leakage rate has drop'd since switching chin strap's.Haven't had any problem's with the vick's messing up my nasal mask.Told a co-worker about my find&he stop'd me last week&said Thank You!!..He tried it&it work'd for him too..I don't worry about messing my cushion up.I get a new one every 3 month's.But,I've been washing them has normal.Once a week&haven't seen any problem's.Just thought I would share.

you should be allowed 2 nasal cushions each month.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 595 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 406 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.