Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR reports, looking for feedback -- numbers seem good
OSCAR reports, looking for feedback -- numbers seem good
Hello everyone and in advance thank you for any information!

For many years I had been a very loud snorer. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea about a year ago (AHI was 29). Have been using Resmed AirSense 10 APAP since then. First couple of weeks were miserable, next several months -- absolutely awesome. Last 4-6 months I feel like I am falling back in terms of daily sleepiness, overall energy levels.

My doctor says that by the numbers I am being treated very well. I finally got to load all the data into OSCAR to possibly get more insight. To my absolutely untrained eye the graphs look well.

Anything I could be missing in the data?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR reports, looking for feedback -- numbers seem good
Hi and welcome to Apnea Board.

OK a few things to get you started on better therapy. First is a question, do you have the sleep study and titration results if taken? If not, you need them for your records, and you may post redacted full detailed reports here. We are data driven on PAP therapy and we need to see the reports, specifically the event type and count. Get the reports, and in the US HIPAA laws give you the right to request and get these. You also should get your copy of the script.

Now a few adjustments to help you succeed. Turn the Ramp OFF. It is not your friend. It delays therapy pressures, and yours at 45 minutes, delays it a LONG time. You also must adjust therapy pressures. Your doc labored a long time to script DEFAULT PAP machine settings and it will not do. Each PAPer needs specific to themself pressures and default is not it. IF you have AutoSet, enable EPR to Full Time and 3, up from 2, and up the pressure on the low side to 7. Then try that and tell us how that is.

BTW the EPR in these AutoSets are able to enhance therapy despite being a comfort item. EPR means Exhale Pressure Relief, and the setting 1, 2 , 3 are measured in cmH2O just like therapy pressures. So if you run at 7 Min like I suggest, EPR kicks in and drops pressure to 4 then back up for inhales. This results in a BPAP PS of 3, where the PS/pressure support is equal to the EPR number 1 2 3. Best wishes you will be better off with optimized for you settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.