Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great expectations
RE: Great expectations
[attachment=2501]

I don't know if the attached gives you data that you can interpret and help me with. If not please tell me what to upload from SleepyHead.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The screenshot is fine, but you are experiencing a high leak rate. It's during the time you are having leaks that the cpap may not be able to keep up and could be missing apneas. Do you actually sleep through the time that SleepyHead shows the high leak (shaded in gray) on events graph? This can affect your quality of sleep and you may not feel great in the morning.

The main thing you need to do first is to find the reason for the high leak rate. You don't list your mask in your profile, but it may not fit you properly. Or it may fit when you first go to sleep, but then hours later it can become loose as you move around. I'm not sure, but it certainly looks a mask leak.

You may want to consider using a chin strap, also according to some, mask liners help.

I wouldn't make pressure changes until you can get the leak under control.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Once I get through all the bureaucracy & stress of dealing with the insurance company I'm headed to the supplier for a new mask.

I hate dealing with insurance! It's far more complicated and stressful than it needs to be. We really, really need to fix our health care system!
Post Reply Post Reply
Definetly agree with that! It seems that we the "customer" are always sandwiched between the insurance companies and the medical profession, and neither of them are wrong. Oh-jeez

We need to keep our sense of humor about it. It's not good to let it stress us out. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance companies have a department called "Loss Prevention", it's purpose is to find ways to not pay claims. Seriously, I am not making this one up. When you are trying to get paid for a service you pay for, they have a department of trained professionals trying to save the company money by not paying your bill.

Only in America!

(BTW, I have had excellent luck with my Insurance, DME, and Doctor...)
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2016, 08:21 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Insurance companies have a department called "Loss Prevention", it's purpose is to find ways to not pay claims. Seriously, I am not making this one up. When you are trying to get paid for a service you pay for, they have a department of trained professionals trying to save the company money by not paying your bill.

Only in America!

(BTW, I have had excellent luck with my Insurance, DME, and Doctor...)

Frank, I see the bright light in your statement, makes me think: that concept is like
sending extra people up the proverbial tree to shake what few pennies are left, out of it (extra staffing have to be fed too!) so much for "loss prevention" right? Eat-popcorn
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsdown Tongue Holder / Retainer with CPAP does not meet expectations. G. Szabo 3 91 03-18-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  2 Months In, Waking hourly, but Oscar looks great (I think), what gives? SleepyEv 0 533 05-25-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: SleepyEv
  Started off great but now struggling logcuttertx 1 421 05-22-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to ASV - AHI is great, but still feel like I'm not sleeping well Sassbeek 35 3,078 03-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sassbeek
  Not sleeping as great as used to kemeky 12 978 12-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: kemeky
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 515 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.