Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
This was my first night on the Resmed Airsense Auto 10 after six weeks on the Dreamstation and the data looks a lot different.  I feel good.  I was alert for the entire day including after lunch (for the first time in ages).

My main concern is that on the Dreamstation my data was filled with VS, VS2s and Hs.  I would have a max of two centrals flagged per night.  

I snore - a lot and loudly.  I'm lucky my wife didn't try a different kind of "pillow therapy" before I got diagnosed.  I don't see many snores or Hs flagged.  Instead, I see a lot of CAs.

Does the Auto 10 machine go about looking at snoring differently?  I'm a little concerned that it's flagging so many centrals versus the Dreamstation if they aren't really CAs.  

How do I reconcile the data between the two different machines in terms of the volume of CAs flagged with Resmed versus the Dreamstation?

Also, my 95% pressure was as high or higher on the Dreamstation.

Thanks for looking at this.

[attachment=10658]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
As you can see, your settings at 5-18 with EPR 3 result in no change in pressure at all. My suggestion is to set to 6 minimum 10 max and EPR at 2. My guess is you will see an even lower AHI and fewer CA events. Your data is not lying, the air is simply delivered based on your spontaneous rate rather than what the machine predicts it should be. Did you have any snore complaints?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  My snoring hasn't been a problem since starting on the APAP. 

I was surprised to see my residual events seemed to have switched from Hs to CAs when I changed machines.

I've posted Dreamstation data for comparison FWIW if anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you’re looking to track audible snoring, the Snore Lab iOS app is great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,016 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 332 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.