Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Great numbers for once
Great numbers for once
I've been faithfully pulling data for about 2 months now, mainly because my leak rate has been too high, and I have been trying different stuff to attempt to get it to stay lower consistently.

I've been trying different masks, both expensive and frustrating. Self-talk about keeping my mouth shut has gotten mixed results, good one day, bad the next. Sadly, switching to a FFM the 'Simplus', is the only thing that has really helped (me and chin-straps can't get along, and no way am I gluing my lips together).

Today's numbers are Leak ZERO, AHI 2.2

But, the kicker is to keep that leak rate down. While I have read many different thoughts on the subject, the fact is, if the leak rate is 'high enough' (whatever that is), my machine cannot treat my OSA well, and the numbers it does give may be bad data...

One lesson learned - just being a 100% compliant user isn't good enough, there is also a need to at least keep an eye on the data, just to make sure no piece of data is getting out of hand.

I am just OCD enough, and anal enough, to get sucked into the trap of chasing numbers - which in itself (I think) is a bad thing that could effect good sleep all by it self. Must remember it's about averages, not a single day.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Great numbers for once
Hi Peter_C,
CONGRATULATIONS on your zero leaks and 2.2 AHI, I know you have struggled with this for a long time.
Good luck and keep on trying
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There you go Peter_C! Your time has come!
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll see what tonight brings Tongue
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 356 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 410 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 540 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.