Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings & Happy New Year! [CA and H concerns]
RE: Greetings & Happy New Year! [CA and H concerns]
So I did nudge the pressure up to a min of 9 and max of 13, and eleven days in I have an average AHI of around 4 - not the direction I was hoping.  As most nights the auto pressure covers the entire range it's hard to believe this subtel of a change might actually have anything to do with it.

I'd started wearing my O2 monitor when exercising, with the alarm set at 90% - which has proved useful to remind me to continue to breath appropriately at times I don't seem naturally inclined to -  heading into terrain with higher athletic requirements  bending over to futz with bindings, or topping a hill and stopping to crouch and take a steady photo.

And a few nights ago, I forgot to turn the alarm off, and have found it buzzing some nights.. which prompts me to breathe more deeply. Here's some charts from last night, in which it went offer several times - in the 2nd chart, I'm just about to fall asleep when it went off (the first CA).  I was on my right side.  The O2 monitor shows movement just before, I'd probably just rolled over.   The O2 also dipped slightly in response to the second CA, but not below 90 - the "OA" did trigger the alarm again.  O2 heading into this was 93%, just below my average these days of 95.  My breathing just seems to taper off to being too shallow at times - my sensations through this is just one of relaxing.

The next chart shows a typical PB outcome, where the troughs are getting flagged as events -  the O2 chart looks the same as the tidal volume chart - but I went into with relatively high O2 levels and so as a result the dips were only to 94% or so.

Not sure what to make of all this, I'm thinking I might give a soft cervical collar a try just to see if that helps any.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Greetings & Happy New Year! [CA and H concerns]
If your PB is typical a collar should help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a year and I'm about ready to kick CPAP to the curb drago7579 15 320 04-20-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: drago7579
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,168 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 176 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 302 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 176 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,781 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 340 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.