Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings all
Greetings all
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new board member but a long time CPAPer. I was diagnosed with severe apnea in '96 with an AHI of 117. I've been using this glorified aquarium pump for the past 17 years.

It took 2 years to get consistent results. I've been doing pretty well since then...until this spring. Now I'm in trouble again so I'm here to look for help and offer what help I can.

Best wishes to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Greetings all
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome REMember!

Glad you dropped by to say "howdy". Coffee

Nice avatar... always felt sorry for doggies in cones. Blowing-nose

Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi REMember and welcome to the forum!

Im sure you can get help with any questions you may have there are lots of knowledgeable people here and im sure as a 17 year cpap user you can help a lot as well glad you joined us.
welcome to the forum
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

What kind of trouble are you having?? Thinking-about
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm looking through all the posts. There are some very knowledgeable members here! I'm so glad I found this forum.

I am too dain bread today (horrible night) to even begin to explain but I'm sure that I'll have quite a few questions tomorrow Smile

Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi REMember, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! What's going on, what kind of trouble are you having?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2012, 08:22 PM)REMember Wrote: I am too dain bread today
hope you feel better tomorrow .. in my meantime change your loaf Too-funny
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8ngnP3LrnjrEaBo_VXCg...FNVx4pq-n0]

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings all.

I have a few functioning brain cells today...LOL...so here we go...

My sleep has been seriously degraded since late April. The problem? It's a tangled mess. Heh heh, money (or lack thereof) is probably my biggest obstacle at the moment. I have no insurance, no money, and no data. Both of my APAPs have been taken out by lightning. My current machines are just glorified aquarium pumps. As a result, I have nothing but a subjective "I feel horrible" to go on.

I suspect that my apnea is raging again and is not being effectively treated. I am 100% compliant and don't have any significant leaks or mouth-breathing that I'm aware of. I spent the better part of '98 sitting in a chair - unable to run my company, unable to drive myself anywhere on most days, or even think clearly. My major complaint on another forum at that time was "the air doesn't seem to be getting past my nose." That's where I find myself once again. At 17.6 pressure, I don't feel like I am getting any air and it takes no effort whatsoever to exhale. Allergy meds gave me my life back in '98. This time, they are not helping.

I was diagnosed with extremely narrow airways. Any inflammation whatsoever closes them down and it becomes like trying to drink a milkshake through a straw. I've tried nasal steroids, antihistamines, on and on, each with short-term success and then I had to pay the price afterwards. Prednisone was the first break though in '98. I could breathe!! That led to allergy testing and, after 2 years of pure hell, freedom.

I also picked up a new buddy in April - insomnia. I've never had a problem falling asleep. I usually drop out quite quickly. Now, I flip and flop for hours every single night. Cute. Once I finally do fall asleep, I sleep soundly for 8 to 9 hours but I feel just awful on most days.

Anywho, sorry for writing a book. I'm here looking for help. Any suggestions for a prednisone-like anti-inflammatory? I'm also looking for recommendations for PAPs. I think I want to try a VPAP with full data capabilities this time given my pressure setting. The auto feature on the APAPs I had were never of much benefit to me. Oh! And do I understand correctly that new prescriptions must be written within 1 year of a sleep study? If so, I'm screwed. The online DME provider I've used destroyed my prescription record when the new owners wouldn't pay enough for them. Sleep medicine on this rock I live on is still in the dark ages...sigh...

I will be quite grateful for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried F&P Oracle
[Image: 1b17c355-307c-430c-a873-04f2f7df6501]
http://www.fphcare.com/products/oracle-oral-mask/

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtnXuY7iQ...ature=plcp
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.