Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings all
RE: Greetings all
Hmmm...I'm a little confused by the mask suggestion. I am quite content with my nasal interface and leaks just aren't much of a problem at all. How would that help?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2012, 04:52 PM)REMember Wrote: Hmmm...I'm a little confused by the mask suggestion. I am quite content with my nasal interface and leaks just aren't much of a problem at all. How would that help?
thought might help after reading what you posted in the success stories thread... if not ignore

[OK, those of you who have been following my tragic little tale here have heard me repeatedly stating the the air from the CPAP didn't seem to be getting past my nose]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah! I understand. Thanks, zonk!

No, the issue wasn't (and isn't) my mask. Although, like most of us, I went through plenty of them finding the right one. The issue was one of very narrow airways and the slightest irritation shutting them down. So, I had the prescribed 10 cm of pressure at the end of my nostrils but far less was making it to my throat.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are missing the point of the oracle mask.

The oracle mask bypasses the nose. It goes right into the mouth. It is not a nasal mask at all.

So if your nasal passages are what narrows, then this mask would work since it has nothing to do with the nose. It would probably require you to somehow safely close the nose completely shut.

You could use this mask whenever the passages are the most narrow and your regular nasal mask for when they are open.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
OH! I obviously don't have as many brain cells firing today as I thought I did...LOL

You're right, Paula. I completely missed the point. Sorry, zonk. That was a great suggestion!

That is one funky interface but it would absolutely work if I could learn to mouth-breathe. Has anyone tried it? Does it leak? Is it comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oracle mask started by gak/archangle
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Oracle-mask
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.