Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings from a new guy
Thumbsup 
Greetings from a new guy
Greetings to all!

I want to briefly introduce myself to this very helpful forum. I have lurked on here gathering information ever since I was diagnosed with severe mixed sleep apnea about 3 weeks ago. I just brought may CPAP equipment home today and am looking forward to my first full night at home using it. I have always liked to learn all I can about any subject or activity that I am involved with so I will certainly be using this forum as a resource.

They tell me I am in pretty bad shape with an AHI of 34 and over 50% of my events being central in nature. During my sleep study they recoded blood oxygen levels as low as 56%. I thought the reason I felt so poorly was just old age! We are hoping to see improvement in my problems with hypertension and type II diabetes also. Does anyone with similar conditions have any advice for the new guy?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Greetings from a new guy
Hi dedeleven,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are wanting to learn all about your therapy, that's a great start.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Greetings from a new guy
dedeleven, welcome, the most important thing I find for all new users is to go in with a positive attitude towards CPAP, so many of us on here and other sites can tell you how much of an improvement it has made to our lives. I don't have the two illness's you have but we have all had some sort of illness or at least symptoms that have been caused by SA. In my case it was depression and that has lifted and I have been off all meds for over a year now. Obviously there is no cure for diabeties as there is not cure for SA but there is a gold class treatment, hopefully some of your symptoms may at least lift, good luck and ask any questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.