Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't use CPAP unless my hair is in a ponytail UGHHH
RE: Can't use CPAP unless my hair is in a ponytail UGHHH
(04-03-2016, 08:39 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: I have to twist my nose hair into little pigtails and thread them through the blow holes of my P10.

Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2016, 04:45 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: When my hair gets long the back strap on my Swift FX Nasal Pillow will sometimes slip up my head. I'm waiting for my P10 to arrive so see how that works. Will have to wait until my hair grows a bit more.

This is not a whinge as at 66 I'm glad to have hair.Smile

When I go to the beauty salon to have my hair cut, the stylist said "Ah...I see you must be using your CPAP machine?" She can see the 'line' from the mask even after I've washed and dried my hair prior to coming to the salon. Don't get me wrong, I love my cpap machine, but having to wash my hair every morning gets to be annoying - but I am glad to have hair at all. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I like sleeping in a high ponytail or loose bun because it is hot here. However, on the off-occasion when I do wear my hair down to sleep, I keep my hair in a high ponytail to "thread" it through all the headgear and place the mask gripping the hair closest to my scalp. Then, I just pull the elastic out of my hair and let it fall naturally. My mask stays just as in place as it does in a ponytail all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know what you are saying and was also frustrated in the beginning of my cpap therapy! I thought this was going to be so frustrating however you will soon find a way to do your hair and all will be fine! I also have curly hair and do the pineapple method! It works for me but I do have to keep my hair longer for the method! I now think nothing of doing this nightly!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F&P Evora Full With Facial Hair DreamerDude 2 959 11-19-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: DreamerDude
  Mask Slippage with Fine Hair Donna 18 10,632 01-20-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: PaulaBunyan
  Full Face Mask Fit with Facial Hair? dreamstream 15 3,851 07-28-2020, 07:21 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Ladies: hair issue Palmtrees 12 2,140 09-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  AirFit N30i mask OK for people with short head hair? vroomvroom 10 2,720 09-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  CPAP making my eyes very puffy, drying my hair and skin, causing it to itch Thanos 5 2,873 04-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Hair transplant mimono 4 2,309 10-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.