Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings
RE: Greetings
Welcome ShadowSeeker...

re masks...

I had tried the P10, not good on the ASV at higher pressures..I am having better luck with the Naunce Pillow mask, prefer the cloth headgear...it is adjustable and is a lot more secure on the head than the P10. You might give that a go as well as the FFM...

Good luck with the ASV, they are wonderful machines....Sleep-well

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 04:59 PM)ShadowSeeker Wrote: I've had a hard time with mouth breathing, so I talked to my DME about a chinstrap. Well If I want one I have to go back to my Sleep doc and ask for a script for one... Huhsign WTF?!?! Why do I need a separate script for one if I already have one for a machine and supplies? Dont-knowHuh

You don't need a prescription for a chin strap but your DME may need it to bill your insurance for it. You can buy a chin strap at just about any of the suppliers. Roughly $20 US.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Your original script should state not only the CPAP, but also supplies...which is what a chin strap is.
Tell your DME to check script. Unless your doctor didn't write it correctly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, been on the FFM now for a few days. The
ResMed Quattro Air. Not the most comfortable mask, but not the worst eaither. One problem I had was the mask riding up my face and exposing my bottom lip, and allowing leaking.

The first screenshot should be last night with the ffm. The second one should be from a few days ago with the nasal mask.

[attachment=1606]

[attachment=1607]
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings. I have been diagnosed for about 2 years now. I have the Resmed Quattro FX as my full face mask....I hate that the cushion is 54 bucks. Trying to decide to switch or keep using it. Using the CPAP takes some getting used to but you'll get it eventually. I am used to it now but some days I just simply hate that thing lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 04:12 PM)tjm1911 Wrote: Greetings. I have been diagnosed for about 2 years now. I have the Resmed Quattro FX as my full face mask....I hate that the cushion is 54 bucks. Trying to decide to switch or keep using it. Using the CPAP takes some getting used to but you'll get it eventually. I am used to it now but some days I just simply hate that thing lol.

Well, I find myself adjusting to it pretty well. For some reason, I start to wake up or so and become aware of the pressure. Then my breathing changes and all of a sudden now I'm getting higher pressure and mask farting. I try tightening the straps, but that doesn't always help so I actually just hit the start/stop button and then again to re-cycle the ramp so I can fall asleep again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

Went to my Sleep doc on Tuesday for the one month check up after using the machine. I brought my machine with me and he looked at the stats. He wasn't happy with the leaking going on, but noticed how much its dropped with the use of the FFM. He didn't change the pressures and said they might be a bit high..but that's whats working for me. He did some mask fitting and testing with me and we found that the ResMed F-10 seems to be both the most comfortable and most suitable for the high pressure I receive.

Just heard from my DME that the mask has been ordered since they don't have any more in stock, so I should receive it perhaps Saturday or maybe next week.

Btw, my DME is American Home Patient. Anyone have any experience, good or bad with them that I should know about?
Post Reply Post Reply
No but it sounds like they are doing right by you and that's what counts.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.