Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gross Question - Mild Thrush with FFM?
Gross Question - Mild Thrush with FFM?
Sorry if this is a little gross or TMI, but I am wondering if anyone else with full face masks ever has this issue? Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I have some white stuff in my mouth and when I google thrush it looks like that only a lot more mild. I just brush, use a bunch of mouthwash, and scrape my tongue really well and then I am fine for the rest of the day. I also brush and mouthwash really well before bed. Last night, I had a bit of a stuffy nose so I suspect that I was mouth breathing more than usual and I am assuming that contributes to the problem. I can go weeks without experiencing this or can also happen a few nights in a row. Just wondering if this is normal that's all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gross Question - Mild Thrush with FFM?
Do you experience dry-mouth or mask leaks?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2022, 11:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Do you experience dry-mouth or mask leaks?

I do usually have dry-mouth when this occurs - another reason I suspect mouth breathing. Very few mask leaks though. I usually have a perfect score on the mask leak each morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thrush is a overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans which is normally present in the mouth. It can be caused by dry mouth. It's usually not a serious issue for normal adults. From what you've described it doesn't seem to be a serious case requiring medical attention. If it ever persists and becomes painful you should see a doctor.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It could be a mask leak or you need to turn up the humidifier, it's use to happen to me when I was on ventilator in ICU, now I am on cpap with humidifier at 2 doesn't happen now
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,124 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 532 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mild OSA, fractured sleep - looking for advice rozlt 1 350 01-01-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 716 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  Mild Clear Airway - Advice CharlieNow 16 1,352 11-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CharlieNow
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 921 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  PSG - Mild OSA and Severe PLMD gohoos1998 10 955 09-28-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.