Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guess what happens when you sleep on your back!
RE: Guess what happens when you sleep on your back!
These are all good suggestions that I am going to try. I had a nice memory foam pillow that we took and carved out a section at each end for the mask to fit in so it would not touch anything. I am pretty much able to keep my mask inside this open space except one night when I found my dog's head in it at the opposite end from the end I was using. I did look at the three devices you strap around you with big bumps that would make it impossible to sleep on your back. It was interesting to see one that you actually had to have a prescription for, but I just could not imagine how comfortable sleeping with one would be. It definitely would make it impossible to sleep on your back. They remind me of a device that might have big spikes that would plunge into your back when you rolled over. I was hoping that with the place for my mask would stop what seems like a permanent crease in my cheeks, but it has not helped. The left side has the deepest crease because I spend most of my time on that side. Most of my large leaks and hypopneas happen within the last third of the night. Could the the main cause of my hypopneas be the large leaks? When my boyfriend read the post about the vest he said I have one with a very large pocket on the back. It was used by surveyors, construction workers, hiking, etc.. There are many online if you goggle hiking vest. The one my boyfriend has is one that has a hood rolled up which might hurt your neck, but I am going to try it out. There are plenty of designs on line that do not have hoods. Once again thanks to all that responded.
Post Reply Post Reply
PR and All,

Edited by deleting the inadvertent duplication of a post last night.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
PR and All,

Another duplication. Why? Dunno. Sorry. 2SP

PS. Hope there won't be more.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.