Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guessing at my settings
Guessing at my settings
Diagnosed w/ AHI of 66 ~9 days ago. When they did the titration, it was the best sleep of my life! I got a used machine (ResMed Airsense 10 Auto) and a new mask that was really close to what I used in the study (ResMed F30i). Washed everything well and guessed at the settings. I've gone through two nights and moved the pressure range from 8-20 to 9-20 and considering moving it back. I'd love input from those more experienced with Oscar and interpreting results.

I am waiting for a machine through the medical/insurance chain. This was to help until that gets in.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guessing at my settings
Someone here shared this link with me on how to configure Oscar for posting here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

I think this shows the experts the data they need to help you out.

I'm new to all this, just got my sleep study results today.  But I did notice your leak time over redline was very high, I'm looking at my data and that number is usually < 1-2%.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can help you out, but having the graphs as outlined in the guide above would probably be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ramshot. 
I expected it to be leaking due to full beard and mustache. I've tightened it decently, might be able to get it a bit more snug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I gave you the full Oscar guide link, the link I was referring to is http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the graphs would be needed to guess at these.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
edcrosbys,

Yes, please use the Organizing link given above.  If you use the F12 key (Standard view) when taking a Screenshot, this will give us the graphs we need to see.

Then use the Attachment Feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board.   We do need to see the charts not just the left panel to tell anything. 

But with only 4% of good time out of a large leak nothings can be done until you get control of the leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you figured it out!

Unfortunately, your leak rate is extremely high. When the leak rate is that high, the cpap's algorithm can't really flag apneas properly. In other words, the results can't be trusted.

Work on getting your mask sealed properly. Have you read the Mask Primer? You may be able to pick up some clues on fit.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

There seems to be some positional apnea. How do you sleep? On your back or side? What is your pillow like? It's better to sleep with a thinner pillow that doesn't allow your head to tilt forward into your chest. This cuts off your air.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One trick I saw in a video, make sure the CPAP is on when you place the mask on your face.  This tends to make the seals want to puff out instead of roll in.  Also, focus on putting the mask on your face correctly, then hold it in place with one hand while you work the headgear with the other.  After the head gear is in place and fastened then you can make adjustments to the mask position or strap tightness.  It seemed to have helped me doing it this way, but others might have more experience or information.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with OpalRose -- the large leaks are out of control and impeding any progress. You can't trust the results because the machine can't identify what is happenening BECAUSE the leaks are too high.

OP mentions having facial hair. Although I am clean shaven, I have noticed several users with facial hair reporting that they get better results with pillow masks such as the Brevida or P10. Pillow masks seal around the nostril openings, and thus facial hair becomes irrelevant unless OP has a huge mustache.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 830 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,663 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,118 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,759 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.