Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New DME - Part Two
New DME - Part Two
Wanted to post an update to my last thread "New DME, New Machine". I persisted and got a new ResMed S9 Autoset which is currently set in CPAP mode with a pressure of 9. My old DME sold my 22-month-old ResMed S9 AutoSet for $495, so now I have a backup machine!

I have two new masks - a Nuance Pro (nasal pillows) and a ResMed AirFit F10 (which I bought at a good price from my old DME). The AirFit F10 is the best mask I've ever had - it seems to fit my face and "moves" with me during the night. Much, much better than the Swift FX. The F10 cushion seems to "stick" like glue and my mask leaks for the past two weeks are 95% = 4.80.

I'm still not totally convinced that "straight CPAP" is for me, but my AHI for last night was 1.34, last seven days 2.11, last two weeks 2.76 which is better than the last stats I had with my old ResMed S9 AutoSet on APAP 6-11 (the last night I used it my AHI was 9.41, last 7 days on old APAP was 3.88 and last 30 days 2.63). Something was "trending" in the wrong direction, so - maybe - straight CPAP is the answer. I'm not going to "tweak" anything until my post 60-day (to 90-day) visit with my new Sleep Doc.

Oh, and I did - with my new sleep doc's permission - set the EPR to 2.0 and a ramp time of 15 minutes on the new CPAP settings.

Still don't have a copy of my sleep test or my Rx, but I'll get that next time I go to the Sleep Doc's office (September 30th). I'm tired of "persisting" with them and all they can say is I didn't sign the release forms. I did. I signed at least 7 forms before, during and after my sleep test. I mean, really…. But when I go on Sept. 30th I'll refuse to leave the office without a copy. And, every week or so until then, I'll call or email or - in some way - keep reminding them that I AM THE PATIENT and why the hell should I have to sign any release forms to release MY sleep study information to ME?

So… that's my update and thank you for your encouragement, suggestions and help during this transition. NOW.. if ONLY… all the rules are followed and Medicare pays for the new machine and all my future supplies. If not, oh, well… I have my old S9 Autoset and all the members of this board and Sleepy Head and ….

Thanks I-love-Apnea-Board

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New DME - Part Two
Hi MAPnea,
BOY! you have had a whirlwin DME trip, haven't you?
Sounds like you are doing well with your new machine and new settings, I don't know that I would change anything for a while.
Just keep up the good work and do keep reminding them that YOU are the patient.
Hang in there for more responses.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news! Keep us updated.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,416 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 343 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 431 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 385 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  AirCurve 10 - Where does leftover part go? markc1117 4 735 11-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: markc1117
  Airsense 10 motor replacement part TYPHOONBOB 7 17,975 09-22-2022, 05:21 AM
Last Post: vk3hjq
  The Most Likely Part Failure Sleeprider 37 5,050 06-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: AZGuy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.