Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guide to using the Flashair in Station Mode with the ResMed S9
Guide to using the Flashair in Station Mode with the ResMed S9
New user here, just created an account to share my findings.

I've read several threads here and I was always stuck on the fact that the S9 will recognise ANY deviation from their expected SD card contents and require a format of the card if so.

I got around this as follows:
1. on your mac/pc, edit the /SD_WLAN/CONFIG file and enter a line for MasterCode, such as MASTERCODE=0123456789AB .. it has to be a 12-character code and use 0-9 or A-F characters only. Eject and reinsert the card to make sure it "takes".
2. Next insert the card into your S9 and allow it to reformat the card, which will destroy your config and replace it with a default config in AP mode.. but will preserve your master code
3. Soon the flashair will provide a wifi hotspot named "flashair_182346719823746" (or something similar).. connect to it. You're going to issue a reconfiguration command
4. Once connected to the hotspot, visit the following URL to reconfigure: http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB&APPSSID=your_wifi_network_name&APPNETWORKKEY=your_wifi_password&APPMODE=5 .. replacing the fields with whatever is appropriate to you.

At this point the flashair will soon connect to your wifi in hotspot mode and you can continue from there. The key is that the S9 will only verify the contents of the SD card when the unit is powered up or when the card is inserted. Once it's inserted and "safely reformatted" the S9 will never check if new files have since been written.

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guide to using the Flashair in Station Mode with the ResMed S9
Thanks for this post. The problem I'm having is that when my S9 reformats the flashair card it wipes out the /SD_WLAN folder along with the default CONFIG file. This means that the WiFi on the flashair doesn't turn on. Any idea if there is anyway to protect the /SD_WLAN folder? or any other potential solutions? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
By default your PC is adding System Volume info to the SD card. This is to speed reading of removable media in Windows. It is not required for the Windows system to use the removable device. The S9 will always reformat the card when it sees these additional files. (since corrected on the A10) Here is a download that will turn off this feature off in Windows so it won't add extra files.

Prevent SysVol Info Write
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 03:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: By default your PC is adding System Volume info to the SD card.  This is to speed reading of removable media in Windows.  It is not required for the Windows system to use the removable device.  The S9 will always reformat the card when it sees these additional files. (since corrected on the A10)  Here is a download that will turn off this feature off in Windows so it won't add extra files.

Thanks, thought of this just after I hit post. I had applied this fix to my desktop PC, but was using my laptop to configure the flashair.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my flashair card in the S9 whenever the machine is powered on the machine asks to format the card. So once the card has been formatted I unplug it and plug it back in then it comes up with a standalone ssid flashair_xxxxxxx I join this network with my pc the default password 12345678

Then from my web browser I issue the following commands each one should show a success message if it works

http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB

This sets the security password to 0123456789AB

The second command links it to my Wi-Fi

http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB&APPSSID=your_wifi_network_name&APPNETWORKKEY=your_wifi_password&APPMODE=5

Then it will work fine until the power goes or the card removed try it

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
foxfire, don't sweat it, the SD_WLAN folder gets deleted by the S9 and there's no way around it. 
If you wait a bit you'll find that in the absence of the SD_WLAN folder, the flashair by default sets up its dedicated access point, and you can continue from step 3 in the parent post. 

Issuing the subsequent URL requests will configure the settings that would normally have been set up using SD_WLAN config values.
Post Reply Post Reply
No joy. As soon as I connect to the flashair card and send the first command through my browser the flashair network disappears. It does not reappear if I wait. Only way to get it back is to cycle power on the S9 and then it wants to reformat the card.

My S9 firmware is SX474-0903
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 05:26 PM)foxfire Wrote: No joy. As soon as I connect to the flashair card and send the first command through my browser the flashair network disappears. It does not reappear if I wait. Only way to get it back is to cycle power on the S9 and then it wants to reformat the card.

My S9 firmware is SX474-0903

You could try using Sleep Master for your data download. It uses CGI to rewrite the SD_WLAN/CONFIG file to the FlashAir every time you connect to it.

The S9 cannot see the rewritten file until the FlashAir is rebooted.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
So can you give more details ?

Let the S9 FORMAT the card

Then remove reinsert the card in the S9

LOCAL Wi-Fi now available 

Send url 1 get success
Send url 2 get success

Card then resets and goes and joins your access point

Next connect your pc to your access point Wi-Fi 

Then if http://flashair does not work you have to flush the dns on your pc or reboot the pc

To flush dns
Go to a cmd prompt

Type 

Ipconfig /flushdns

Now http://flashair should show files then go and configure flaspap

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2018, 02:24 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: So can you give more details ?

Let the S9 FORMAT the card

Then remove reinsert the card in the S9

LOCAL Wi-Fi now available 

Send url 1 get success
Send url 2 get success

Card then resets and goes and joins your access point

Next connect your pc to your access point Wi-Fi 

Then if http://flashair does not work you have to flush the dns on your pc or reboot the pc

To flush dns
Go to a cmd prompt

Type 

Ipconfig /flushdns

Now http://flashair should show files then go and configure flaspap

Jason

When I get to the point where I send url 1 there is no success, that is the point where the flashair card crashes and it's network connection stops working. I'm using the 4th generation flashair card if that makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,241 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR 1.5 , permissive mode vs. clinical mode JCW888 8 1,182 12-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,941 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 721 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.