Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Gurgling sound" when using cpap - no humidifier
"Gurgling sound" when using cpap - no humidifier
I can't seem to find any info on what would be causing this unless its fluid buildup from using a humidifier which I am NOT doing. I do live in FL where it is humid, but there is no noticeable water in my machine or tubing. My wife is the one who claims its a gurgling noise, so maybe she's just not right. 

Could a mask leak cause this sort of sound? Could the pressure be off? Unfortunately I am not waking up when it happens, but I have noticed my sleep has been horrible this past month that she has noticed this happening. 

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Gurgling sound" when using cpap - no humidifier
My husband can sound like an old fashioned stove top coffee peculator at times--he has a problem with mouth and mask leaks. He is nearly deaf and doesn't hear it but I sure do! He doesn't use any humidification, so yes, your wife is hearing things--I'm sure hearing them.
Post Reply Post Reply
So its because the mask is leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's usually water in the tube from an over-filled humidifier (DAMHIK). Make sure the tube is routed upward from the back of the machine so any water in the tube drains back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently experienced a sound reminiscent of a gurgling sound, and I don't use the humidifier either. It was the intake filter. After a replacement was inserted, the sound ceased.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2021, 08:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's usually water in the tube from an over-filled humidifier (DAMHIK).   Make sure the tube is routed upward from the back of the machine so any water in the tube drains back.

I'm not using a humidifier. That's why I can't figure out what's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you really using a legacy RemStar Pro? That machine has to be over 12-15 years old. Maybe it's just age.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
The Smithsonian may be calling you about that PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>Are you really using a legacy RemStar Pro? That machine has to be over 12-15 years old. Maybe it's just age.

Death rattle? Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 182 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 756 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 209 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,872 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.