Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guys I got a brick.
Guys I got a brick.
I just got my cpap. It's a Phillips dreamstation. The thing literally only tells you the hours you used it. No ahi no nothing. I even downloaded the app for it and it still only tells the hours. This is so frustrating. I don't even know if it is working or not now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guys I got a brick.
Find the exact model and post it. Dreamstation is a broad title.
Yeah, you probably got a brick; but let's find out for sure.

DOT only requires usage. That is: Greater than so many hours per night over a period of time (I think 30 days is the first check point.)

My advice is to use it, get back on the road. You can upgrade to a better machine later when you have some greenbacks in your pocket.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea I will post it later. It has a setting of 14. I thought that you could view your AHI on all of them. I guess not. Oh well I'm supposed to use it and take it to the DME Monday and she's gonna read my AHI and if it isn't good she said she'd call the Doctor. I guess this is better than nothing though.
Post Reply Post Reply
If she can read it so can you, download the clinician manual. 
It's better than nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked her if I could read it myself. She said I needed a special program and password and got hateful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 06:17 PM)UKwildcatfan Wrote: I asked her if I could read it myself. She said I needed a special program and password and got hateful.

All that means is that she's disabled your ability to view it. We can help you if tell us which machine you have. Go into the clinician's menu and enable it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On Resmed machines, you enable [[i]full essentials[i]. I'm not sure what the setting is on the PR DreamStation.
Our resident PR expert in Murrysville PA may come along with the steps to setting it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Will she be able to tell if I viewed it?
Post Reply Post Reply
No.
If you change any settings, and if the data is collected via modem to some internet storage location, she could tell if you changed settings.
Some of us out our CPAPs into airplane mode so the modem can't work. Cuts down on Big Brother watching. You do need to take your card in for visits since the data can't be accessed online.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, 5 minutes of reading on here and I already figured out how to go into provider mode. Is this illegal? I tinkered with the pressure but moved it back to my prescribed 14. Will she be able to tell I messed with this when I take the card in? The machine is not WIFI capable. Of course.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 714 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  "Brick" error in Oscar for Resmed Vauto? Sleeper512 5 1,148 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeper512
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 999 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,296 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.