Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guys I got a brick.
RE: Guys I got a brick.
Please fill in your profile so we know what machine you're using.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 06:43 PM)justMongo Wrote: On Resmed machines, you enable [[i]full essentials[i].  I'm not sure what the setting is on the PR DreamStation.
Our resident PR expert in Murrysville PA may come along with the steps to setting it.

If the O.P. would download the manual and read it, he would quickly learn that in Clinical mode he could go to Device Settings, and change AHI from OFF to ON.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is clinical mode the same as provider mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have same one dsx200t11  supposed to come with heated tubes not sure how to tell if they really gave me one lmao.     Dreamapper tech support on phone told me it doesn;t tell you ahi or mask data.  Problem is i never got an overnight test with amask just an auto cpap for 3 days.

I called my doctors office once they peculiarly only told me only the hours as well.  for some reason I already read about ahi on this site but held back from asking her what the levels were, maybe already knowing she didn't know.  What I told the providers was its not just about my Doctor but me being proactive cause this thing is hard as hell to get used to.

Plus I don;t want it to kill me since its worse on then without it right now.  This industry is nuts haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 07:57 PM)UKwildcatfan Wrote: Is clinical mode the same as provider mode?

The same...when you push the control knob and ramp button at the same time, then scroll to the Device settings menu.  AHI is the first one if you have it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I just went into provider mode and looked for AHI. It isn't on there. The only thing you can do is adjust the pressure pretty much. I just left it at my prescribed 14. Will my doctor be able to tell I went into provider mode? I don't want to do anything illegal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have medicaid 4 years ago they covered me for the  monitored overnight, then the insurance company I had immediately changed names and this time didn't cover me. one of the top ones health plus changed names to empire blue cross blue shields.  They had the hospitals on lock but must of bailed.  But I never actually asked my insurance company directly, so who knows...  Maybe in the sleep industry is common for them to think all their patients are sleeping Smile

But and insurance case manager today told me that my doctor has to flat out demand it on the phone for an auto cpap haha and who knows if thats even true...  She'd probably get denied,  I'd feel funny asking that but I was thinking about it. 

Lilke try to get a case manager on the phone when i'm in her office and hand it to her. or at least get a name and number.

In another thread a poster suggested I just tell the home care people to give me one since its the same billing number anyways?  all they can say is no. lol

EDIT: just remembered the pulminary Doctor did try to work with the insurance company for just an overnight with the machine only. took a while too but they denied it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 07:39 PM)UKwildcatfan Wrote: Wow, 5 minutes of reading on here and I already figured out how to go into provider mode. Is this illegal? I tinkered with the pressure but moved it back to my prescribed 14. Will she be able to tell I messed with this when I take the card in? The machine is not WIFI capable. Of course.

haha sorry for laughing, hey tks for posting man. I wouldn;t worry about it, I doubt it.

(its an anthem company, the Russians got all my data ) lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Right from the DreamStation user manual. Based on the last sentence, doesn't look like you can view AHI on the standard Dreamstation.

AHI
This screen displays the nightly Apnea/Hypopnea indices (AHI) value for the most
recent 1 day time frame. It also displays the average of these individual nightly
AHI values over a 7 day and a 30 day time frame. This screen only displays if your
home care provider has enabled it. This screen only displays if your
home care provider has enabled it. Only available on CPAP Pro and Auto CPAP
devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
If she asks why I was in provider mode, I will tell her I was tinkering with it and accidentally hit the wrong buttons.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 726 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 715 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 979 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  "Brick" error in Oscar for Resmed Vauto? Sleeper512 5 1,151 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeper512
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 1,000 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 747 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,302 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.