Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guys I got a brick.
RE: Guys I got a brick.
Ditto JDS and SleepRider.

P.S. There are masks that are better for stomach sleepers. There *are* solutions for you. There *is* hope. It's "just" a frustrsting process.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2017, 08:53 AM)UKwildcatfan Wrote: Am I still compliant if my mask leaked some and I didn't sleep at all lol? The machine says I had a successful 4.1 hour night.

Yes.

It counts as compliance as long as the machine is on and the mask is in place. If you remove the mask that won't count. You have to keep it on.

You will eventually be able to sleep with it on, and believe it or not, you will actually be grateful you have the machine. If we were all going through this just a few decades ago we wouldn't have these machines and we'd be forced to live a sleep-deprived life, dying early and suffering heart disease and stroke.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assumed it was impossible to sleep with a FFM too but I've been doing it for months with an F&P Simplus Large just fine. You just have to have your head facing slightly sideways but it's doable. Make sure to use very soft pillows on the top. Or buy one of those so-called CPAP pillows that come with a bag of buckhulls or whatever they are called and bits of foam, fill the pillow as much as you want, and you can shape it on the side to accomidate the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2017, 10:06 PM)Wrz77 Wrote: Make sure to use very soft pillows on the top. Or buy one of those so-called CPAP pillows that come with a bag of buckhulls or whatever they are called and bits of foam, fill the pillow as much as you want, and you can shape it on the side to accomidate the mask.

I use a full face mask and strongly recommend that you not use a soft pillow. When I was using a soft pillow I had problems with flow limitations and apneas due to chin tucks. I us a buckwheat chaff pillow. As Wrz77 said, it can be shaped to stabilize your head position and support your neck. It's firm but also the most comfortable pillow I've ever used. I got mine from Amazon for $49. Search for CPAP pillow. I got the one with the zippered cover, which is very important, and pieces offoam as well as buckwheat chaff. I'm very pleased with it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2017, 10:06 PM)Wrz77 Wrote: I assumed it was impossible to sleep with a FFM too but I've been doing it for months with an F&P Simplus Large just fine. You just have to have your head facing slightly sideways but it's doable. Make sure to use very soft pillows on the top. Or buy one of those so-called CPAP pillows that come with a bag of buckhulls or whatever they are called and bits of foam, fill the pillow as much as you want, and you can shape it on the side to accomidate the mask.

I would disagree with the "soft pillow" part.

The pillow I use is flat, very firm, and shaped to align the neck properly.. 

I'm a side sleeper and use the F&P Eson mask, the firm pillow does not dislodge it when I sleep.. soft pillows have done so on occasion when I have stayed in motels and not had my own pillow with me. 

To me it is plain logic that a soft pillow will dislodge your mask when your head sinks in to it if you are a side sleeper, for those who sleep on their back mask dislodgement wouldn't be an issue anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
UKwildcatfan. The major issue here is you. You've meekly allowed your DME to give you a piece of crap machine and now you are worried that your DME might catch you out because you have 'played' with the machine. It's like you're worried that someone might catch you out like a naughty child.

Wrong approach, you need to be proactive and front these people. It's your health that they are playing with and the best person to decide on your health is you. Take the 'brick' into the DME, throw it down on their desk and demand a proper machine. Don't enter into any dialogue - just say that this machine and mask aren't working for you and you demand ones that work. This is your right and your insurance - which you pay for - will cover an auto machine. Just keep repeating this mantra. Get no response - then look for a new DME. I'm sure your insurance company has a list.
Post Reply Post Reply
UK, You are one hard headed fellow. You have received hundreds of replies in dozens of threads, (many repeated over and over) with great advice and they seem to go in one ear and out the other! I have yet to see you actually FOLLOW one piece of advice! It is quite frustrating to watch!!
I wish you the best! I really do!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 714 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  "Brick" error in Oscar for Resmed Vauto? Sleeper512 5 1,148 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeper512
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 999 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Surprised Night 8, it's already Love - Hate. So glad I found you guys! FE350 148 13,296 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.