Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips)
Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips)
Guys I am begging you someone please explain this bcuz I am so lost and my doctor is no help. 

What are all the settings on a BiPap, I know what Epap and ps is but what is

1. Bpm
2. Ti
3. Flex type
4. Rise time
5. Tubing type
6. System one resistance

I have UARs and I am basically self treating and I really need help.

How do I best calibrate my settings for a typical uars patient
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips)
You should download the clinical manual for your machine.
BPM is the backup breathing rate in breaths per minute. Set it to 2 below the average you see on OSCAR during normal breathing.
Ti is the inspiration time.
Flex type is described in the clinical manual. It is similar to EPR but I don’t understand it’s function on a Bipap.
Rise Time determines how fast the pressure increases in hundreds of milliseconds. A bigger number is slower.
System One resistance is a number on Philips mask packaging that indicate the mask type. I believe 1 is full face, but I don’t know the numbers for other types.
Tubing type is 15mm or 22mm diameter.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips)
It will help if you include the correct model of your machine in your profile There is no Auto10 form Philips and the BiPAP ST is one of the machines that would have the settings you asked about. You may have a Philips System One 60 Series BiPAP ST or an older model. The settings are:
1. Bpm: Breaths per Minute
2. Ti: Time of Inspiration (maximum/minimum)
3. Flex type: BiFlex modifies the transition between IPAP and EPAP (inhale and exhale pressure).
4. Rise time: Rise time is only active if Flex is off, and performs a similar function changing the transition from EPAP to IPAP in milliseconds
5. Tubing type: Either 15 mm or 22 mm unless you have the System One heated tube modification.
6. System one resistance: A setting to select mask type. Set to zero if not using a Philips mask.

Download OSCAR, a free software that will let us see your set tings and detailed results using the equipment. Without that, it will be hard to advise on what settings you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,815 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,012 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.