Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help understanding oscar data [CPAP]
RE: Help understanding oscar data [CPAP]
No that number is not high.  Centrals are from you not taking a breath unlike a obstructive apnea where your airway is cut off and you can not breath.  Centrals can just be you holding your breath when you turn over or reach down to pull up covers.  We all hold our breath for different things during the day.  The difference is the length of time.  Centrals are not reported if they are less than 10 seconds.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey and Dave.

I wanted to follow up. I don't think I had the best sleep yesterday. I fired up Oscar and seeing some CA events. Do those look bad? At what point do i need to worry and should i increase my pressure?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Central Apnea in any form will be consistently inconsistent meaning they vary per night. CA will likely go up if you add more pressure, so no do not increase it. Your Central Apnea will likely diminish over the next few weeks by themselves.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds good, I will stay the course of 2 weeks and report back. Another question. Reading around my understanding with my settings 6-9 EPR 3 I still have epap of 4 right so epr3 or 2 is same in this case?

Also to further my knowledge with PS that is what makes IPAP correct? So I have a max of 9 IPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want EPR to work best, Min 6 will be best paired with EPR 2 which equals an overall min 4. Min 7 and EPR 3 will do the same, yielding overall min 4.

On a BPAP, EPAP plus PS equals IPAP. On your AutoSet you set an IPAP, the pressure you set, minus EPR in place of PS, which reduces down to EPAP. It's the same concept and action but in reverse of an actual BPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 117 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.