Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i What's your Settrings?
H5i What's your Settrings?
I have the H5i. I live in Dallas Texas I am having hard time figuring out a good setting for my set up

I have H5i tried on auto at 67 ,75, and 80. I wake up either dry or stopped up
I use climate line
And full face mask.

I have even tried with no humidifer.
I do spray oceans mist before bed and some during the day

The mask I use Resperonics Amana I think it is. Blows air directly in your nose

I have tried 2 nasol pillows. They made my nose worse.

I have a Quattro FX coming tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i What's your Settrings?
(12-02-2013, 09:05 PM)Gottop69 Wrote: I have the H5i. I live in Dallas Texas I am having hard time figuring out a good setting for my set up

I have H5i tried on auto at 67 ,75, and 80. I wake up either dry or stopped up
I use climate line
And full face mask.

I have even tried with no humidifer.
I do spray oceans mist before bed and some during the day

The mask I use Resperonics Amana I think it is. Blows air directly in your nose

I have tried 2 nasol pillows. They made my nose worse.

I have a Quattro FX coming tomorrow.

I do Auto and 78 temp. And drink a lot before bed. I like the Nano Swift fx.
But I can't keep my mouth closed. The air shoots through missing teeth. Yuk.

Post Reply Post Reply
It really varies from person to person and sleeping room to sleeping room.

If the humidity in the room is high, then the humidifier isn't going to be putting out much humidity. It detects the ambient humidity and adjusts accordingly.

Sometimes, too much humidity can have the same symptoms as too little.

I live in the mountains of North Carolina. We have wood heat. Right now, the humidifier is on the highest I normally ever go and that is 76. It is rather dry here right now. Later, when it is raining or snowing, I turn it down to 70 or 72. If I get a cold, then I will go to 80 for the duration. During the summer, I leave it off entirely although I leave water in the tank sometimes to help with allergies.

Some people never use the humidifier. Some people can't do without it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 09:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It really varies from person to person and sleeping room to sleeping room.

If the humidity in the room is high, then the humidifier isn't going to be putting out much humidity. It detects the ambient humidity and adjusts accordingly.

Sometimes, too much humidity can have the same symptoms as too little.

I live in the mountains of North Carolina. We have wood heat. Right now, the humidifier is on the highest I normally ever go and that is 76. It is rather dry here right now. Later, when it is raining or snowing, I turn it down to 70 or 72. If I get a cold, then I will go to 80 for the duration. During the summer, I leave it off entirely although I leave water in the tank sometimes to help with allergies.

Some people never use the humidifier. Some people can't do without it.

I used to live in the mountains of WV. wood Heat is the best! But drying. I used to put a huge kettle full of water on the wood stove.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine at 83 and Auto. I like humid air. I tried 80, but the air was a little dry. I woke up with a scratchy throat.

My old system was not as sophisticated as the resmed. I kept it on the highest setting and which didn't fill the hose with condensate. due to varying room conditions, I had good days, "rainy" days and dry days. Had the Resmed a nearly 2 weeks now, and no rainy days. I started 80, tried 83, 78, 85, and went back to 83. Seems to suit my nose the air doesn't feel hot or wet or dry to me....

Your settings are what make you comfortable....Since 85 is max, play around a little more...even at 85, the air isn't unbreathable....see what works for you.

I have the heated hose, which works far better than my old non-heated, sleeve covered hose and manual system.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try 83 tonight. See how that goes. I have the heated hose to sometimes get moisture in the mask. We keep our house at 70 year round.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine set on auto at 25C (77F) and adjust up/down depend how the air feel during the air night
Pre-heat the water so the air feel nice and warm and open up the sinuses. I Start with full tank and most nights use about 1/3 of the tank

Experiment to find what works for you, everyone is uniquely different. Some don,t need use humidifier but for me its essential part of therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
So ran mine around 86 last night. Seems to have helped I will try it again for a few nights. See how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose won't help the moisture in the mask. It only helps prevent the moisture in the hose itself.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I live in the high desert of the Intermountain West. Low humidity here, winter and summer. I run at 71 pretty much year round although I may try bumping it up to 75 in the next few days as we have some really cold dry weather moving in. I seldom use a measurable amount of water. I imagine the fact that I've always lived in a dry climate cuts my need to increase the humidity. Thought maybe the humidifier wasn't working but I exchanged it for another unit and still have the same results.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.