Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i, climate line not warm
Question 
H5i, climate line not warm
Hi folks,
I had been on a trial for a month on the Philips machine with heated tube,and all was well, and tube felt warm some nights.
After the trial period Vital Aire , Mississauga, Canada,the distributor upsells me to the best , H5i, heated tubes, and the S9 Resmed system.
my sleep is now distubed, as the air is colder than previouly.
Temprature set at 27( room at 21.5), Humidity at 6 , tried all combinations, the Tub is warm on the warming mode, had a Full system check , all seems well.
I am told that machine works on relative Humidity, all good, but i need a bit warm air, to keep away the sinusus, and blocked nose.
i need warmer air out of the heated tube, is there any one facing a similar problem, have you found out any solutions?
thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i, climate line not warm
The climateline hose, and any other heated hose, is designed to heat the hose, not the air. By keeping the hose itself warm, it helps to prevent 'rain out' which is when condensation forms on the inside of the hose due to the difference in temperature. Sure, I guess it would also heat up the air some but it would be minimal.

I am assuming you have water in the tub, correct?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2012, 07:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The climateline hose, and any other heated hose, is designed to heat the hose, not the air. By keeping the hose itself warm, it helps to prevent 'rain out' which is when condensation forms on the inside of the hose due to the difference in temperature. Sure, I guess it would also heat up the air some but it would be minimal.

I am assuming you have water in the tub, correct?

i am sorry should have mentioned, i 'd better , and have!
Post Reply Post Reply
27C is roughly 80.6F so you have it turned up high enough.

You may want to insulate the hose some. You can take some old socks, cut the toes out, then slip them over the hose and hold in place with tape or rubber bands. I don't *think* it would harm or interfere with the heating inside the hose (as in the climateline). This would further help in keeping the air warm.

In terms of drying your nose/sinuses, it's not that you need warm air but you need moist air so ensuring as much of the "steam" from the humidifier that can make it to your nose, the better.

Have you ever considered using one of those saline nasal rinses before bed and when you first get up? I use the Neill Med bottle vs a neti pot. During allergy season and the like, I rinse out twice a day and it really helps.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate your help, yes I have neti pot and will use.
Having a , heated tube worked great with Philips responics, in comparison.
Any idea what should be the temperature of air being discharged?
Post Reply Post Reply
No clue.

Is the tank warm in the morning?

If you had a Respironics with a heated tube, then it was a relatively new one. Maybe their tube gets warmer and actually further heats up the air.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
27C is the default setting in the auto mode but temp can be adjusted to 30C if desired while protecting against rainout
while the machine on .. you can turn the push dial to adjust humidity ... up or down

in manual mode ... temp (16-30C) and humidity (0-6) can be set independently but rainout is not guaranteed
if rainout occurs .. either increase temp or decrease humidity

also try without the climate line. tweak with the setting to find what works best for YOU . some need more or less than others

nasal congestion and mouth breathing goes together ... if one not getting enough air pass through the nose ... one tend to mouth breathe
I use chinstrap with a nasal mask while others find full face mask more appropriate ... everyone is DIFFERENT

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2012, 09:51 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No clue.

Is the tank warm in the morning?

If you had a Respironics with a heated tube, then it was a relatively new one. Maybe their tube gets warmer and actually further heats up the air.

Luke warm
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Joseph, I'm wondering if your S9 or its humidifier has a problem, despite its having been checked out. Here's why. Last night when my humidifier had been warming up for awhile (I have it set to 66 degrees F), a slow flow of warm air from the Climate Line was felt when I put my fingers near the end of the Climate Line inside the mask. I'm speaking of the low level air flow that the S9 produces when it's idling (in warm up and cool down modes). I didn't notice the Climate Line tubing itself feeling warm, just the air coming out of it--definitely warm. The temp in the room was probably less than 66, and I have the humidity on the S9 set at 5. Could the humidity level make the difference of your not feeling warm air from the Climate Line, my definitely feeling warm air? I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but wanted to tell you about my recent experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks,
I need to talk to Resmed customer support, who were not helpful ,the last time.
Would any of you have an idea as to who I should call or write to with details at resmed, at VitalAire are pretending very ignorant of the issue and hope the problem,would just vanish. They have been very polite, and seemed to be helpful, didn't know a solution as test showed that the machine worked well. However they couldn't tell me the temperature of the air out of the tube, which is the most important factor,in case of climate line, for the user. All other metrics are useless!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 1,861 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 618 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 598 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 494 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,271 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.