Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i, climate line not warm
RE: H5i, climate line not warm
Check your Power Supply if you haven't already. You need the 90watt (VA) to operate the H5i with Heated Hose with your machine. Possibly they sent you the lower 30 watt which would explain the problem. Just a thought! Hope all works out!
Post Reply Post Reply
you are correct it is the 24V x 1.25 amps one!
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 2Tim215 and welcome - are you aware the machine in your profile: S9 ResMed Escape ... a basic entry model do not record any efficacy data (AHI, leak) just hours used (Elite and Autoset models full data capable machines)
Post Reply Post Reply
2Tim215--Way to go on thinking of the possibility that Joseph was given the 30 watt instead of the 90 watt power adapter!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 07:39 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi 2Tim215 and welcome - are you aware the machine in your profile: S9 ResMed Escape ... a basic entry model do not record any efficacy data (AHI, leak) just hours used (Elite and Autoset models full data capable machines)
Unfortunately I am aware of this. I was seriously deceived by my DME's delivery and set-up person and at the time very unaware of the differences. This was approx. 23 months ago. I am working on an upgrade to the S9 AutoSet, submitted a prescription written for that machine and DAW checked. I have been having many issues with sleeping for quite a while now after receiving this machine. My primary care Doctor has been trying to "fix" things with different prescriptions and he is sincerely involved with my treatment but I have multiple health issues so we have been trying to knock them down one at a time for the most part over several years. The sleep study MD never did or requested a follow-up. After experiencing many unresolved issues I did a search and found there were forums dealing with Sleep Disorders, glad I did! Thank you for the welcome, great forum!

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 08:18 PM)Dawei Wrote: 2Tim215--Way to go on thinking of the possibility that Joseph was given the 30 watt instead of the 90 watt power adapter!
Thank you. I have been reading a lot lately about different CPAP machines and have had a lot of help on-line. I have been looking at accessories and different machines so my next one isn't a basic entry model. I noted that some people don't use the H5i Humidifier so may not require the 90 watt power supply. After reading this thread I see there was some warmth at the plate but not enough. Glad it can be an easy fix if the supplier see's it the same way!

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2012, 07:37 PM)joseph.t1@rogers.com Wrote: you are correct it is the 24V x 1.25 amps one!
thanks
Very good, sounds like an easy fix then! My 90 watt is the 24V 3.75 amp so I think you will be okay, they should have gave the 90watt with your set-up to start with. Hope it works out very soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
HI, a clarification
as i mentioned the Si9 was 24v and 1.5amps, i will go back and check the adaptor,tonight.
shouldnt the Si9 be 90W instead of 30W, rather only the adaptor?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2012, 04:33 PM)joseph.t1@rogers.com Wrote: HI, a clarification
as i mentioned the Si9 was 24v and 1.5amps, i will go back and check the adaptor,tonight.
shouldnt the Si9 be 90W instead of 30W, rather only the adaptor?
I just realized I can only post 7 times in 24 hours, sorry.
Okay, if on your Power Supply that the wall plug is attached to (small black box) says 30watt you need the one that says 90watt. Based on your amps I believe you only have the 30. The 90watt should be 24v 3.75 amps. Although they are the same voltage there isn't enough amperage behind it to heat your hose and humidifier. Sort of like a Motorcycle Battery trying to start a larger motor in a car, both 12volts but not enough amps to turn over the car's starter/motor. Hope this helps!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry, for the confusion, the adaptor is correct 90w
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 262 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 398 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 2,075 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 656 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 621 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 514 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,335 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.