Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i, climate line not warm
RE: H5i, climate line not warm
(10-26-2012, 07:42 AM)joseph.t1@rogers.com Wrote: sorry, for the confusion, the adaptor is correct 90w
Not a problem, no need to be sorry! Now we just need to figure out the next step to get you working. I would check with ResMed for a remedy since it hasn't worked since day one. I am wondering now if it could be a break in the hose coil somewhere? It wouldn't hurt to unplug the heater plug at the back and plug it back in with a gentle wiggle and push once it is almost all the way in to be sure all three pins are making the connection. I'm sure more suggestions will come in until you are up and running, or should I say, down and sleeping!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried using the climate control in auto mode where you only set the temp to your preference and protects against rainout
also as you were happy with the system one machine ... why not get that one
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello sleep helpers!
I am back !
To reply to Tim, I have checked the hose, noticed "climateline connected" control kicks in the display, once the machine recognises the climateline is connected.
I had an alternate tub and hose put on the my S9, without any change.
Sent the whole unit for a diagnostic test by the technicians at vital aire, who reported, that all tests passed.I am lost without the warmth in the so called heated tube, without warmth,
Desperat to find a solution!, and thanks for all your suggestions.
(10-26-2012, 02:42 PM)zonk Wrote: have you tried using the climate control in auto mode where you only set the temp to your preference and protects against rainout
also as you were happy with the system one machine ... why not get that one

Zonk, if the heated tube is supposed to deliver a warmer air, why is it not, I' d search and investigate.
Appreciate your help
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the climateline is designed to warm the air. It is designed to warm the tube. Yes, there will be some warming of the air by default, but not much. By keeping the tube as warm as the air from the humidifier, it prevents the moisture in the air from condensing and causing rainout.

I've never noticed the air being warmer with the humidifier on nor with the climateline on.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi paula, I understand, however, it must have some standard , to heat up to say some degree, what would that be?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no clue. I know you can set the temp but I don't know exactly how that works. I don't know if it is water temp or hose temp or air temp.

I've handled the climateline first thing in the morning after a cool night and it just feels slightly warmer than the room.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly!, which I don't find , and Vital aire, is refusing to understand.
I have asked them the same and they don't know or rather I think are playing ignorant, to avoid the problem
Post Reply Post Reply
Or it could be they truly don't know. Most of these DMEs have no clue how the machine works. They don't actually work on them but ship them back to the manufacturer.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, I am using the
Mirage nasal mask, last night I switched to the nasal pillow swift fx, noted slight warmth in the tube.
I didn't change the machine setting for the type of mask! Which is on nasal mask!, could you please she'd some light ?, guess the leakages are different, may be there is too much leakage with the mask, and the machine isn't able to keep up. However display of the mask fit is the smiley face!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my S9 set to climate line, Auto, and 86 (30c) and I feel some warmth on the climate line hose when first started. I assume that it rising to the 86 degrees, after that initial warmth, I don't notice anything else. The air being discharged from the mask is very cool. I also use a Swift FX. My friend has the same machine, and he manual set his machine to a higher setting thus defeating the anti-rainout protection. You can't have both high humidity and rainout protection. If your room temperature is above 20 degrees celsius at night, you probably don't need the rain-out protection, and could set the machine to manual and raise the humidity level to the desired level. I would guess that the air temperature would also increase as the humidifier has to work harder to keep up.
If you really want the warmer, moister air and do get some rain-out, get yourself a hose cover that will insulate the hose somewhat and help reduce the rainout occurrences.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 1,859 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 618 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 598 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 494 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,269 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.