Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i humidifier issues
H5i humidifier issues
I've used in every possible way/mode ... climateline (heated hose) and slimline (non-heated hose)
the water feel warm/hot in warming-up mode but coldish in the morning
even last night humidity at 5 with the slimline ... the hot plate was just about warmish (not warm or hot or stone cold) in morning
is there any one having similar issues and found out any solutions other than trashing with a big stick

its not all doom gloom ... the S9 is an awesome machine ... but there is nothing awesome about the H5i humidifier

maybe mine all along was a dud one also possible ResMed did some modification in the upgraded versions
in this case they should do recall and replace faulty equipments

the upgraded version display humidifier software number (HID) when you connect the H5i humidifier which is not available on my machine

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i humidifier issues
Mine is almost too hot to touch in the morning.

I ran out of water last night and got woken up to that burning sensation in my nose. Stumbled to the bathroom to fill the tank and had to hold it by the top edges as it was too hot. I always have to wait until an hour or so after waking up before I change the water in the tank.

But I've never noticed a temperature difference in the air itself. Even with the climateline.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine warms up enough to vaporize a full tub of water in 6.5 hours in a chilly room.

I'm guessing you got hold of a defective one.

If the warranty isn't still in effect, I did notice that Supplier #2 has some pretty reasonable prices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 06:20 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Mine warms up enough to vaporize a full tub of water in 6.5 hours in a chilly room.
what the software version of your machine?
what setting do you use and does the hot plate feel warm or hot to touch in the morning

Post Reply Post Reply
This is one of the lines in the info in clinical settings, is this the software version?

SW SX474-0905

The heater plate gets very warm to the touch.

I have it set "Manual" at 6, I like the humidity. Climateline set to 86 deg to fend off rain-out. Took it off of "Auto" setting because it wouldn't warm up as much even if set at 6 because it is a little too conservative in it's rain out prevention. When set on "Auto" in the clinical menu it still lets you set humidity 1 through 6, but I think it backs off the heat on the plate to prevent rain-out if the room is chilly. That's why they say no rain out if set to Auto. At least that's my take on things.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 08:31 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: SW SX474-0905
905 is the latest ... not sure if there is 906

got the machine two years ago, the service screen shows:
SW SX474 - 0602

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. Then the Autoset I just got is at least two years old. Works great, though!

SX474-0601
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know, but I would imagine that older software would still allow higher plate temps to achieve higher humidity consistently. If it starts out warm/hot, but craps out by morning it seems there must be a mechanical problem somewhere. Thermostat maybe? Safety shut-off?
Probably not an option to try your H5i on different machine or try your machine with different H5i in order to isolate the problem...hopefully someone else here has a good suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
last increased to 5.5 and seem to be working fine and hot plate was quite warm in the morning
the climate control is brilliant for rainout but I need to breathe warm air all night (cold air seem to block nose and causes congestion)
I'm going to cut a piece from an old flannelette bed sheet to make a cover for the slimline hose

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 09:03 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Wow. Then the Autoset I just got is at least two years old. Works great, though!

SX474-0601
how many hours was on the machine?
i would not want be buying a NEW machine with an older software version
usually these types machine are like cars get sold at a discount price to make room for the new models

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 51 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.