Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i humidifier issues
RE: H5i humidifier issues
Now you've got me wondering about the humidifier, Zonk. I'm using the Climateline. Before I go to sleep after some warmup time, the hot plate feels fairly warm, but in the morning, it is cold. I fill the tank to about that lowest line on the yellow indicator, and in the morning most but not all of the water is gone. That's been fairly consistent.
Guess I need to go into the clinical settings to understand the manual vs auto modes. I'm behind you folks, since right now all I've noticed is that before I connect the Climateline, there is main screen access to setting the humidity level, but that disappears from the main screen menu after the Climateline has been connected. Is that because it goes to auto with the Climateline hooked up?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to try a Climateline, but they don't make them 10' long and anything less than that won't reach. I wonder if you can couple two Climateline hoses together. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Dawei - Yeah, no humidity with climateline on "auto". Go into clinical and set to "patient" or "manual" to put the rain drop (i.e. humidity control) out on main screen.

PollCat- Climatelines won't connect end to end. The end that hooks to humidifier has pin conductors for the heating element that runs up the line twists to lock in and line up. Probably wouldn't allow enough juice to be drawn to run two if you figured out a way to hotwire two together.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2012, 06:41 PM)PollCat Wrote: I'd like to try a Climateline, but they don't make them 10' long and anything less than that won't reach. I wonder if you can couple two Climateline hoses together. Unsure
not possible because of the electrical coil wires
maybe you can use some garden hose connectors Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2012, 05:22 PM)Dawei Wrote: Guess I need to go into the clinical settings to understand the manual vs auto modes. I'm behind you folks, since right now all I've noticed is that before I connect the Climateline, there is main screen access to setting the humidity level, but that disappears from the main screen menu after the Climateline has been connected. Is that because it goes to auto with the Climateline hooked up?

Yes, when you hook up the Climateline (in Auto mode), the machine shifts to a temperature selection. The humidity you set before you attached the hose doesn't mean anything (in Auto mode).

If you go into the Clinician setup area you can change it from Auto to either Manual or Patient. If you set it to Patient, you can change from Auto to Manual in the normal setup area. In Manual mode you can set both the humidifier level and hose temperature, but lose the rainout protection.

I played with mine back and forth for months before I hit the "sweet" spot. Worth the work in comfort!
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a hose "Snuggy" at the CPAP store. It's a long flannel cover that fits over the hose, and has Velcro on the ends to hold it in place. I was going to go to the Climateline hose (I have an S9 with a H5i), but they said try the Snuggy, and it works fine.

I have been reading of problems with the newer H5i's, where they tick at night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 54 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 195 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 531 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 377 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 232 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 268 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.