Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i lid won't close! Please help!!!
H5i lid won't close! Please help!!!
No had problems with my sd card earlier tonight on my resmed S9...managed to find out on here how to erase the data on it, but now the error I keep getting is that my H5i lid is open. Please close the lid. The lid is definitely closed!!!! Now what? Why am I still getting this error???? Please help! I cannot sleep without that machine that I took 120 days to finally get used to!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i lid won't close! Please help!!!
You think the lid is closed. The machine thinks the lid is open. The machine is guy sort of thing. Humor it. Open the lid, take the water tank out and fool with it, put it back in, and close the lid firmly. Make sure it latches. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the machine and plugging it back in. Sometimes we guys will forget stuff after awhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked on my H5i to see if there was a switch I could see, and none. I turned it on with the water chamber out and the door wide open and it came on and started blowing so I don't know why yours wouldn't come on. Did you try the old hard reset/ Unplug for 30 seconds and hope it wakes up without error. I hope someone can help you, good luck! Or unplug the humidifier and it should work alone with just the main unit.
I didn't see the earlier posts of the power and card issues till now, sounds like the internal memory or cpu may have got scrambled. I got no clue if you had it unplugged that long and it still doing strange stuff doesn't sound good at all. Maybe some one knows of a master reset which would require setting all variables. I'm hoping you get it to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would do what retired_guy and Doc J suggested, remove water tank, unplug the machine, detach the H5i and put it together again. Also check the lid attached properly at the hinges, lid seal fitted correctly and when closing the lid, click in place
btw, whats the model of your S9, model name printed next to on/off button
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi StaceyG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you get your machine working, soon. Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes the little seal around the lid slides down a little. Check the seal around the lid and around the water chamber. Carefully adjust, if it's torn your going to have to purchase a replacement seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] A Different Problem Every Night, Yet so Close to Perfection? Dulcinea 10 508 01-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Close, But Not Perfect chazmofo 1 480 02-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Still Drunk Tired with AHI Close to 0.0 FormerSnoreGremlin 10 1,256 07-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Last Post: factor
  Is an Apnea close to 1 minute dangerous? elliotg 6 978 07-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to keep close my big mouth wit FFM? natyprueba 30 5,060 08-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: natyprueba
  No Difference after close to 2 months mylighthouse 15 2,875 05-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Last Post: mylighthouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.