Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i repair advice needed
Question 
I broke a couple of the plastic cover tabs on my humidifier chassis that holds the lid in place.

I would like to order a new chassis and change it myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and might have a few suggestions to the how-to?

Thanks
Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe you can buy that part. Look for a used one to scavenge. Or, buy a new H5i.

looks like you can buy a new H5i from that company that Mr Bezos is CEO of for a little as $180 USD.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

Or you can call ResMed customer service in Canada and make a complain, they might send you one free of charge, after all they want their customers to be happy Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-22-2014, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

Or you can call ResMed customer service in Canada and make a complain, they might send you one free of charge, after all they want their customers to be happy Coffee

He doesn't mean the tank. He means the black plastic tabs on the back of the H5i housing. The top cover of the H5i hinges on those tabs. It's the main H5i housing he requires. (That part with the serial number sticker on it.)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks
Still worth checking Supplier #2
ResMed 5i Heated Humidifier with Chamber $90.00 plus shipping

Maybe less if you tell them, without the tank
The Lid can be bought separately

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 05:42 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-22-2014, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

He doesn't mean the tank. He means the black plastic tabs on the back of the H5i housing. The top cover of the H5i hinges on those tabs. It's the main H5i housing he requires. (That part with the serial number sticker on it.)

Thanks Mongo.

Here is a Link to the Repair Manual for H5i

This Link is found Here on The Forum

Thanks people.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Where can you get hold of the replacement part?
If you've to send the humidifier for repair, the cost might be greater than replacing it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2014, 05:36 PM)zonk Wrote: Where can you get hold of the replacement part?
If you've to send the humidifier for repair, the cost might be greater than replacing it

I have asked my DME to order the part for me so will just wait to see what happens.Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2014, 03:39 PM)Bompa Wrote: I have asked my DME to order the part for me so will just wait to see what happens.Coffee
Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-22-2014, 11:24 AM)Bompa Wrote: I broke a couple of the plastic cover tabs on my humidifier chassis that holds the lid in place.

Bompa, inquiring minds would like to know how you accomplished this feat so that the rest of us can avoid doing whatever you did. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australian newbie asking advice! Wellslept 13 261 5 hours ago
Last Post: CapeMayDan
  Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI ravik 58 962 9 hours ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Advice re: changing CPAP settings fyrfyter43 46 1,648 04-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: fyrfyter43
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 21 1,070 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  going to need advice. ajack 17 639 04-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Cpap repair shops aconcepts 1 130 04-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Resmed Airfit F20 fitting advice Binti1962 3 169 04-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Binti1962