Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i repair advice needed
Question 
H5i repair advice needed
I broke a couple of the plastic cover tabs on my humidifier chassis that holds the lid in place.

I would like to order a new chassis and change it myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and might have a few suggestions to the how-to?

Thanks
Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i repair advice needed
I don't believe you can buy that part. Look for a used one to scavenge. Or, buy a new H5i.

looks like you can buy a new H5i from that company that Mr Bezos is CEO of for a little as $180 USD.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

Or you can call ResMed customer service in Canada and make a complain, they might send you one free of charge, after all they want their customers to be happy Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

Or you can call ResMed customer service in Canada and make a complain, they might send you one free of charge, after all they want their customers to be happy Coffee

He doesn't mean the tank. He means the black plastic tabs on the back of the H5i housing. The top cover of the H5i hinges on those tabs. It's the main H5i housing he requires. (That part with the serial number sticker on it.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks
Still worth checking Supplier #2
ResMed 5i Heated Humidifier with Chamber $90.00 plus shipping

Maybe less if you tell them, without the tank
The Lid can be bought separately

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 05:42 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-22-2014, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: There is no part number for it, unfortunately, you need to buy the tank, see Supplier #2 or # 10, both ship to Canada

He doesn't mean the tank. He means the black plastic tabs on the back of the H5i housing. The top cover of the H5i hinges on those tabs. It's the main H5i housing he requires. (That part with the serial number sticker on it.)

Thanks Mongo.

Here is a Link to the Repair Manual for H5i

This Link is found Here on The Forum

Thanks people.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Where can you get hold of the replacement part?
If you've to send the humidifier for repair, the cost might be greater than replacing it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2014, 05:36 PM)zonk Wrote: Where can you get hold of the replacement part?
If you've to send the humidifier for repair, the cost might be greater than replacing it

I have asked my DME to order the part for me so will just wait to see what happens.Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2014, 03:39 PM)Bompa Wrote: I have asked my DME to order the part for me so will just wait to see what happens.Coffee
Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 11:24 AM)Bompa Wrote: I broke a couple of the plastic cover tabs on my humidifier chassis that holds the lid in place.

Bompa, inquiring minds would like to know how you accomplished this feat so that the rest of us can avoid doing whatever you did. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 143 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 176 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,525 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 178 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.