Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i takeapart tub problem
H5i takeapart tub problem
So I got a take apart tub when I got the Autoset from Supplier #2. But it was just two pieces, the top and the bottom. My DME sent me another tub and it has multiple pieces or seems to. I didn't realize this until I was away from home. I'm back for a few days and had another realization: I tossed all the paperwork that came with the new tub.

How the heckaroni does it come apart? I can get the top off, I'm not that blonde. But there's the baffle/inner thing and then there's the yellow depth gauge. The yellow thingybob is unhooked and floating in the water.

I tried to lightly pull on that baffle thing and it wouldn't give. I didn't want to break the dang thing so I didn't pull harder.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i takeapart tub problem
PaulaO2, there should be 3 parts to it, the stainless steel bottom, the plastic to and the level should be stuck to that and not lose, then the clear plastic part which goes around the stainless steel part and clicks into the top plastic part to hold it all together. Hopefully we are talking the same humidifer or I'm confusing you more. I always only fill mine to 3/4. Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
The yellow gauge just snaps into the middle plastic piece from the bottom side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah.

I tend to break things so we took out that middle piece. It fits better methinks.

I now have the top, the bottom, a middle flattish piece with a black rubber edge, and the yellow gauge. I see where it snaps back into place. Just like in Paptillian's pic. Can the yellow piece be put in the other two holes? Not sure why I would want to, just curious.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Negative, I think those other two holes are a slightly different size.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula,
I think thag gauge only goes into two certain holes. When I washed mine for the first time, that thing came out on me and I like to never got it figured out, (Ha-Ha,) But I think it only goes in the two holes that are really close together, I know that's about as clear as mud! sorry 'bout that, hopefully someone else can get the mud out of the way, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got it together! Go me!

That inner piece not comes on and off easily. It must have had one heckuva factory seal thing going.

The yellow piece only fits in the one set of holes like y'all said. Of course, I had to try despite your good advice.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that's the only way to figure out how to get it right.
I did the same thing, I tried to put the gauge in the wrong holes, to.
Glad you got your humidifier tub together.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The DIY tank I,m using got two parts ... stainless steel bottom from the dishwasher safe tank and top part from the standard tank

Post Reply Post Reply
My gauge came fitted and I never remove it, I just chuck the 3 bits in a sink with liquid soap to clean it and let it soak while I'm in the shower
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.