Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: PR Sys1
CPAP Pressure: 13.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Travel: HDM Z1 Auto 10-14 / F&P HC150 humidifier / same mask

Sex: Male

HDM Releases Silencer for Z1 Auto
HDM recently released the QTube, which reportedly fixed the noise issues. Personally I'm not happy with HDM in that those of us that purchased the Z1 Auto in good faith that it was as quite as advertised and that it was not. Now HDM wants us to purchase the Qtube for $34.95 to fix the issue that should have been fixed prior to release of the Z1 Auto. Why would they release an inferior product and take the heat from disgruntled purchasers? They also apparently recently removed their discussion board where they had many Z1 Auto complaints. I will NOT recommend their products if they continue treating their customers poorly. DO NOT PURCHASE HDM PRODUCTS!!
07-27-2015 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

RE: HDM Releases Silencer for Z1 Auto
Good to know they finally came out with a muffler. Is it sold as an accessory to new units, or is it included?

07-27-2015 04:15 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

The Z1 Auto is going to be tested in Switzerland over the next few months, and any and all input from Z1 and Z1 auto users will deeply appreciated- should they pass the tests and are allowed to be sold here, it will come not only from the feedback of the test subjects but from your wonderful help as well. Because of the vagaries of Swiss medical permits, aspects of the Z1 package may not all be passed together (the humidification filter, for instance, may (or may not) have to go through a separate licensing procedure), and any input you may have as to the various parts that make up a useful system will be of great help. I shall watch for all the comments on the Z1 and the Z1 Auto, including customer service problems, and pass them on.

One of the big buggeries here will be the price point - it is estimated it will sell for 2k, over a thousand more than in the US. Welcome to Switzerland, or as I prefer to call it, Ferengi Prime. If they can gouge you, they will.
07-27-2015 04:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
goldbergsfg Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9
Mask Make & Model: airfit p10
Humidifier: RESMED
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: Not using software SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(07-27-2015 03:19 PM)Lakeranger Wrote:  HDM recently released the QTube, which reportedly fixed the noise issues. Personally I'm not happy with HDM in that those of us that purchased the Z1 Auto in good faith that it was as quite as advertised and that it was not. Now HDM wants us to purchase the Qtube for $34.95 to fix the issue that should have been fixed prior to release of the Z1 Auto. Why would they release an inferior product and take the heat from disgruntled purchasers? They also apparently recently removed their discussion board where they had many Z1 Auto complaints. I will NOT recommend their products if they continue treating their customers poorly. DO NOT PURCHASE HDM PRODUCTS!!
I believe that my last post to the forum on the HDMUSA board was the once that convinced them to remove the entire "noise" forum. It was strictly factual but very direct. It seems that they had a "beta tester" testing a prototype of the QTube since last November, about 2 months before they releases the Z1-Auto to the general public. Hence - they knew of a noise issue prior to releasing the product.

They sell the QTUBE for about $35. It silences the "rush" of air, but not the whining sound that accompanies breathing in. The improvement was enough to convince my wife to stay in the room at night.

You have to purchase a Qtube™ Replacement Kit for $5.99 every 2 weeks. If you add that the to cost of the Z1™ Heat/Moisture Exchanger (HME) which is $5.95 every 7 days. Total supplies comes to $465 PER YEAR.

I purchased one and did not request my refund until it was too late so I'm stuck with it. I'll use it sparingly and only when I travel.
07-30-2015 04:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 852 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
Ohmy Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto sleepyonpar1 6 719 08-11-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Dreamstation auto or Resmed S9 auto? Ockrocket 13 813 08-04-2016 11:09 PM
Last Post: stephennic
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 660 05-06-2016 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Detail Wave Data Differences between DreamStation BiPAP Auto and ResMed VPAP Auto thasan26 3 473 05-03-2016 10:00 AM
Last Post: thasan26
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Auto versus Respironics System One REMStar 60 Series Auto Elephant 18 6,385 04-04-2016 09:58 PM
Last Post: SleepyZZZMom
Question DreamStation Auto - auto OFF issue GPSMapNut 2 2,420 01-10-2016 04:53 PM
Last Post: GPSMapNut