Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HDM Z1 problems
HDM Z1 problems
Hi All I'm New here.

I have been using a ResMed Airsense 10 Auto for about 3 months. It's FANTASTIC.
I was non-compliant for 5 years before that. I'm a changed man!! I feel sooo much better!

My question:

I travel a great deal for both business and pleasure. As you all know the CPAP machine is bulky so I just purchased a HDM Z1 NON-AUTO.

Used it 1 night. It was not a great experience. My sleep study setting is 11 but my ResMed auto machine runs between 9.8-10.5 So I reset the Z1 to 10.5 before my first use. (yea I know I'm bad for doing that myself). I also replaced the 4' hose with a 6'

I felt like the machine was going to blow my head off! The wind coming out of the vent holes at the mask was so strong it woke up my wife when it was aimed in her direction.

It's also very load at the mask. I put in ear plugs. The next time I use it I'm going to turn the pressure down to 10 or maybe 9.5

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't give up easy. I want to like this machine given I pay for all my equipment out of pocket.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Z1 problems
Hi BOBTHEBUILDER,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along to help you with your HDMZ1.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Z1 problems
Bob,

I run mine through an F&P HC 150 stand alone humidifier when I am at home and it cuts the perceived mask noise considerably. Of course I don't want to carry the humidifier with me on a trip where packing space is limited, but I might consider just bringing the humidifier tub by itself and run it as a muffler of sorts. HDM is aware of noise issue and is going to produce something similar.....it's simply an inline muffler that will fit between machine and hose and will act the same way to quiet the airflow, sounds like it may be a couple months before that's available.

If your machine has the newer firmware that includes Z-Breathe setting number 3, try using that Z-Breathe setting, it's much more comfortable than setting two or one, especially for guys with larger lung capacity. If your Z1 does not have setting 3, you can go to their website and download/install the newer firmware.

These units do breath differently than your home machine, and they take a few nights to get used to, seems the more I use mine, the more I like it in terms of breathing comfort, I even get used to the increased noise after time, but I do hope that HDM hurries and gets the muffler attachment available soon as that will help greatly with the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,842 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 998 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.