Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HDM Z2 international purchase
HDM Z2 international purchase
Hi there,
I am liking the Z2 Auto travel Cpap 
They dont appear to be on sale here in Australia yet
If I buy from the US is there anywhere I can get warranty repairs in Australia if required
Oh-jeez
Electrical cord also different.
Any other observations
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Z2 international purchase
Just read some discouraging reports on the Z1.
Anyone have the Z2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 06:04 AM)Eatts29 Wrote: Just read some discouraging reports on the Z1.
Anyone have the Z2.

I too got all keen about a Z1, as prices have come down here in Aus....then I googled reviews...dOh!

I would like to find a smallish travel unit for my work duties

Z2 would be nice if they learn't from Z1 mistakes
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember, most people only post complaints and not favorable reports. I tend to take negative reports with a grain of salt. I would suggest that you randomly pick some of the reports to read. What one person complains about may not be a concern to you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 08:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Remember, most people only post complaints and not favorable reports.  I tend to take negative reports with a grain of salt.  I would suggest that you randomly pick some of the reports to read.   What one person complains about may not be a concern to you.

One major thing that worried me was the seemingly complete lack of customer support.....I would like to be assured that if I did have an issue with the device, that someone would actually care

But yes you are correct, most people will complain only
Post Reply Post Reply
HDM (Human Device Medical) was founded by Steve Moore & Tommy Eustis, both of whom were members of Apnea Board back when they launched the company and the Z1 family of machines.  At that time (2013-14), both Steve & Tommy were pretty responsive to our membership and provided us with copies of the Clinician and other manuals freely, and answered patient questions freely.

They've since sold the company to Breas Medical, and the company has basically turned into a bunch of nameless, faceless corporate drones who refuse to communicate with end-users, referring all questions to their DMEs.

Since the new Z2 machines have come out, I've reached out to HDM this past week only to be basically told "I'm sorry, we only work with DMEs, not patients, so please contact your DME".

Based upon my experiences with both Steve & Tommy in the beginning years, I had hoped that the company would become a trend-setter, by actually responding to end-user issues, rather than simply diverting questions to "their customer" (not you by the way-- their "customer" is now the DMEs).

I'm still trying to get ahold of a copy of the Clinician (provider) manuals for the new Z2 CPAP and Z2 Auto-CPAP machines.  HDM was of no help whatsoever.

I'm not impressed with the direction the company has taken.

You out there HDM execs?  Want to impress us?  Then email  us a copy of your Clinician Manuals and quit treating the actual USERS of your products as idiots who can't be trusted with having those materials.  The email is apneaboard@gmail.com

Heck, just use a disposable email address to send it from - that will give you plausible deniability... we're not going to hold you legally responsible for anything, so just try to live up to your company name and act like a HUMAN (as in Human Device Medical), rather than a scared-of-your-own-shadow, legal-department-driven corporate drone.

Annoyed-and-disappointed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Friends,
THIS(the below given) WAS MY COMPLAINT/FEEDBACK TO HDMUSA regarding the Z2 Portable Apap which I purchased recently, I hope some people may find this interesting, I am re-producing the same my comments here for Z2....

1)My points are
First it starts with lowest 4 H pressure and many times difficult in increasing the pressure even Auto Mode.
2) The shape is so ugly, it says portable but with the battery the length is so long
3) I dont think its durable with money we will be spending on this, the additional battery pack almost costs as the CPAP.
4) The extra cost of Humidifier pipes(Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME)) is humongous if you calculate for many years and they say you have to change it every week? Why no seller tells about this before you buy is a sales cheating technique. And if you use any CPAP without the Humidifier, Your nostrils will burn so you cannot avoid using the HMEs for this Z2, Just calculate the extra cost you will incur?
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, we now have the Clinician Setup manual for the Z2 Auto (but still looking for the Z2 CPAP Clinician manual).

See here for info on how to ask for a copy of the Z2 Auto Clinician Setup manual via email:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
 I am totally disappointed with this new so-called portable upgraded Z2 version of your CPAP.

Before I talk about Z2, I want to inform you that I used Intelliapap and zzzbasic apap machines for more than 7 years. Intelliapap is superb.

But as my ZZZBasic machine giving trouble, after intensive search I purchased your Z2 which for name sake is portable but with ugly shape (with inserted life size battery protruding outside from the Z2) with base designed so long and I dont know how can you call it portable? You cleverly show just the Z2 and try to convince us it is of small size? The battery long enough as my forearm. Anyway....

Technically the APAP starting from 4 H pressure is a torture for having high level Apnea....

The settings are a mystery, how many times we have to adjust? The Bluetooth arrangement with Notelog is another joke, Even after so many connection attempts, when we are connected with bluetooth to our smart phone it just shows the same things which are on the screen display of Z2.

The socalled readings are not recorded, and if I go back to another application, the nitelog stops in the phone, so how can we get accurate readings? How can I keep the phone for 8 hrs on while I am sleeping? Who will charge the phone and interruptions...This Nitelog seems to be totally Untested for User Acceptance.

And the Z2 is making a creek sound all the time....

The Pressure doesnt increase anything much as long as I am awake, I dont know how much it

increases when I am asleep, because I feel so uncomfortable. But when I use my other Intelliapap Cpap I am very comfortable and gives high pressure.

The Z2 is totally dull looking with perishable soon buttons, Unfriendly adjustments, the power plug through battery and the Z2 Pipe piercing through the hole to the battery base....what is this design?

Give me job I will show you how to design a master comfortable Z3.

There are many loopholes etc and I don’t think you have designed Z2 to last long?

Best Regards

XXXXX

(BTW I did not get any reply to the above)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not defending HDM, but just so you know, just about every auto-CPAP on the planet has a pressure adjustment range from 4 cmH2O to 20 cmH20.  (the default pressure setting from the factory, which starts your pressure at 4 cmH20).

That's not something unique to HDM machines, and you are able to adjust upper & lower pressures by simply following the directions in the Clinician Manual.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 123 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,696 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,081 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,047 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 638 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  [Equipment] Where can I purchase a DreamStation Go? jamesjcrowley 2 556 06-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase? spetzal 3 1,001 12-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.