Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HEAD GEAR QUESTION
HEAD GEAR QUESTION
I use Quattro FX headgear and I am finding that due to leakages I need to keep shorting the velcro straps, especially the top ones.

So much so that they are probably now about half the length that they were when I first started with it

My questions are
- do these straps stretch with use, hence the reason for having to reduce there length
- how often should one be replacing them

I do actually wash it also

Any help would be appreciated on Boxing dayOh-jeez
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HEAD GEAR QUESTION
Masks do stretch somewhat but not to that degree
Are you using large size strap, masks do comes with medium size straps

I would also check mask fitting guide, Quattro FX fit on the nose differently than other masks. Resmed calls it, swing and seal or something similar
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F

I,m still using the same headgear for almost a year and get my supplies delivered from Supplier #10

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi worthog,
Headgear does stretch over time.
I don't wash the headgear every time I wash my mask and other parts for that very reason.
Usually it is recommended to replace it every 6 months or so but I know things are very expensive where you are.
best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Warthog, I wash my straps ever two weeks or so, for my last mask a mirage Quattro they lasted 2 and a half years, I still have it and can use it but have upgraded to a Quattro Air, maybe try changing the straps and getting some new ones for a Christmas present for your self.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,055 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Washing gear in bleach? bbbl67 10 854 02-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: bbbl67
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 777 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.