Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HEADACHE- JAW MISALIGNMENT- NOT SLEEPING WELL
HEADACHE- JAW MISALIGNMENT- NOT SLEEPING WELL
OK. First time threader here so here's my problems. I've been cpaping for over 3 years now. Using the Resmed S9 with Pillows. I wake up and feel like my teeth are'nt aligned properly especially when I go to eat breakfast. Second problem is I have these persistent headaches that feel nasal born. My eyes are drying while watching limited television and my sleep is not steady. I am very tired again and feel as though I'm not even using cpap. Do you think the pressure is to high on my S9 and the huimidity to low? Or maybe I'm grinding at night but how would that explain dry eyes? I don't know what my machine is set at currently but it was the original setting from delivery. I tested 2 years ago with 45-54 disturbances per hr. Yeah, I know. Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HEADACHE- JAW MISALIGNMENT-NOT SLEEPING WELL
Dan,

Welcome. Some quick questions everyone will need answers to to give you good feedback and suggestions.

What model S9 are you using (Escape, Elite, AutoSet, Escape Auto)? It should be next to the ON/OFF button on your machine.

Are you using the heated Climate Line hose or the Slim Line Hose (also machine dependent)?

What is your humidity setting (2 - 6) or your temperature setting for Climate Line (degrees) (you guessed it, machine and setting dependent)?

Have you had these problems for three years or are they fairly new? Some of your problems sound like they may be humidity related, and we can definitely give you some ideas and settings to try to help that.

The more information you can give the people on this forum, the better suggestions and possible fixes we can give you. You've found the right place. Let us know!

By the way, through this site you can get directions on how to obtain the Resmed Clinician Manual and the Rescan software. The manual is a must, the software requires a data capable machine (why we need to know).

Again, there are people here that would be happy to help you with any of the above. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jdirecton,
I'll post all the info when I get home and these symptons began approx. 2 mos. ago. The jaw thing has been going on for some time.
Dan

Welcome. Some quick questions everyone will need answers to to give you good feedback and suggestions.

What model S9 are you using (Escape, Elite, AutoSet, Escape Auto)? It should be next to the ON/OFF button on your machine.

Are you using the heated Climate Line hose or the Slim Line Hose (also machine dependent)?

What is your humidity setting (2 - 6) or your temperature setting for Climate Line (degrees) (you guessed it, machine and setting dependent)?

Have you had these problems for three years or are they fairly new? Some of your problems sound like they may be humidity related, and we can definitely give you some ideas and settings to try to help that.

The more information you can give the people on this forum, the better suggestions and possible fixes we can give you. You've found the right place. Let us know!

By the way, through this site you can get directions on how to obtain the Resmed Clinician Manual and the Rescan software. The manual is a must, the software requires a data capable machine (why we need to know).

Again, there are people here that would be happy to help you with any of the above. Looking forward to hearing from you.
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
Another question would be how long has it been since the pressure was adjusted? It may be time to have it changed. I think it was around my 3 or 4yr mark when my needs changed. If you've not bee to see your sleep doc in a while, it is probably time to go back.

The teeth issue could be separate from CPAP use. TMJ (temporal mandibular joint) issues can cause the teethe to feel weird and can cause some severe headaches.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HEADACHE- JAW MISALIGNMENT- NOT SLEEPING WELL
(03-23-2012, 12:21 PM)dans9 Wrote: OK. First time threader here so here's my problems. I've been cpaping for over 3 years now. Using the Resmed S9 with Pillows. I wake up and feel like my teeth are'nt aligned properly especially when I go to eat breakfast. Second problem is I have these persistent headaches that feel nasal born. My eyes are drying while watching limited television and my sleep is not steady. I am very tired again and feel as though I'm not even using cpap. Do you think the pressure is to high on my S9 and the huimidity to low? Or maybe I'm grinding at night but how would that explain dry eyes? I don't know what my machine is set at currently but it was the original setting from delivery. I tested 2 years ago with 45-54 disturbances per hr. Yeah, I know. Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired.

Have you been using any dental appliances to adjunctively treat your sleep apnea? They are known to sometimes make teeth and/or jaws hurt.
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the S9 EPR, Swift FX pillows, no heated line, pressure is set on 10 and has been since I got the machine 2.5 years ago, humidity set at 2. I've decided to back the pressure down to 9, up the humidity to 3 and wear a mouth guard. Wife says she does not hear me grinding at night and breathing sounds normal. I do still snore occasionally when first goto sleep but not during the sleep cycle.

Am I on the right track?

Dan,

[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
Not wearing any dental appliances but may sleep with teeth guards for a bit and see if it helps. I do have a history of TMJ but have not been grinding for some time. thanks
OK. First time threader here so here's my problems. I've been cpaping for over 3 years now. Using the Resmed S9 with Pillows. I wake up and feel like my teeth are'nt aligned properly especially when I go to eat breakfast. Second problem is I have these persistent headaches that feel nasal born. My eyes are drying while watching limited television and my sleep is not steady. I am very tired again and feel as though I'm not even using cpap. Do you think the pressure is to high on my S9 and the huimidity to low? Or maybe I'm grinding at night but how would that explain dry eyes? I don't know what my machine is set at currently but it was the original setting from delivery. I tested 2 years ago with 45-54 disturbances per hr. Yeah, I know. Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired.
[/quote]

Have you been using any dental appliances to adjunctively treat your sleep apnea? They are known to sometimes make teeth and/or jaws hurt.

[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is a feature, not the name of the machine.

Look above the power button. It should say Escape, Elite, Autoset, or.....I think that's all.

If you have anything but the Escape, there's a way to read your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dan, you're have a hard time with the quote button, aren't you?

You don't have to quote a post to reply. At the bottom of the thread is a 'Quick Reply' box. Enter your text there and hit 'Post Reply'. If you want to quote, make sure you write above or below the quoted text. Like below:

Code:
You can post here above the quote

[quote]This is the quoted text.

[/quote]

Or you can post below it.

Just don't erase the bracketed "quote" and "/quote" and don't type between them.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the tips. Have'nt played on this field before!! My unit is an "elite". Figured out the menus and how to change settings so making progress. Can hardly wait to go night night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.