Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELLO, Old Member Returning [trying to get better numbers]
HELLO, Old Member Returning [trying to get better numbers]
Hello,
I was a member back around 2010 and had to restart my account..
Just wanted to say Hello and make my first post to the new forum and say thank you to all they share their knowledge and friendship..

After 5 years of suffering with a bad diagnoses of 15 on a CPAP I just bought a new Resmed Airsense 10 and see in Sleepyhead my 95% pressure is around 10 like my first diagnoses 10 years ago..

Tomorrow I should receive my CMS 50D+ Oximeter

Where should I start get my numbers better????

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELLO, Old Member Returning
Welcome back. I do not have to tell you what a great place this is. Oops, I guess I just did. Well....it bears repeating.

If your 95% pressure is around 10, I would start edging my minimum pressure up a bit. What was your AHI and leaks??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELLO, Old Member Returning [trying to get better numbers]
Just a newbie here, but welcome back!!! I am sure you have much to contribute with your experience in xpap1
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 05:51 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Welcome back. I do not have to tell you what a great place this is. Oops, I guess I just did. Well....it bears repeating.

If your 95% pressure is around 10, I would start edging my minimum pressure up a bit. What was your AHI and leaks??

Best Regards,

PaytonA

AHI is 0.43
Leaks 10.80
Pressure was 9.8

These are the 95% numbers

I just spent 5 year trying to cope with high pressure..
I wish I had a data logging machine 5 years ago..

Thanks Much for your help..

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are in auto mode, raising your minimum pressure a little will not affect your 95% number but it will allow your machine to react more quickly to control apneas. I would try turning your minimum pressure up from 7 to 7.6 and try it for a while. See how it feels and what your results are. If no or some improvement try it for a while at 8.0.

Frankly an AHI of 0.43 is mighty good. I do not know that you really need to improve on that

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 07:23 PM)rarebear Wrote: AHI is 0.43
Leaks 10.80
Pressure was 9.8

These are the 95% numbers
Congrats, excellent numbers, couldn't be any better
The main thing "how you feel"

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 08:41 PM)PaytonA Wrote: If you are in auto mode, raising your minimum pressure a little will not affect your 95% number but it will allow your machine to react more quickly to control apneas. I would try turning your minimum pressure up from 7 to 7.6 and try it for a while. See how it feels and what your results are. If no or some improvement try it for a while at 8.0.

Frankly an AHI of 0.43 is mighty good. I do not know that you really need to improve on that

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I have only had this AS10 for three days..

My S8 cpap was set at 15 and tearing the throat up and having chest pains for years.. I when back to doc 4-5 times to complain five years ago and then gave up and tried to live with it..
I had a back surgery right after I got my S8 and been going down hill since..

I'm hoping this will improve my well being since I have not slept well in a long time..

I joined the forum 5 years ago and could see my data to make change.. Then I gave up trying to get doc to find out what was wrong.. Now I can see pressure was way to high do to a bad study I'm guessing Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 05:05 PM)rarebear Wrote: Where should I start get my numbers better????

Hey rarebear! Exactly what numbers are you trying to get better? Your AHI of 0.43 is stellar, and if your few events are central ("clear airway") apneas then raising the pressure does not make sense to me because we don't treat centrals with more pressure.

Actually I don't yet see any basis for increasing your minimum pressure. Remember that your 95% pressure number means that for 95% of the night your pressure was at or below that number. The or below part often gets overlooked. It's always helpful to look at the pressure graph in SleepyHead before making pressure changes -- you can see where your pressure went throughout the night, and where it was for most of the night. It may have only gone up to 10 for a few minutes and stayed well below that for the rest of the night, in which case there may be no need to start increasing the minimum pressure.

Your leak number is in the acceptable range but if you look at your leak graph in SleepyHead and it's actually running near 10 a lot of the night you could work on improving mask leaks. The leaks may not be compromising your AHI but they could possibly disturb your sleep to some degree and affect how refreshed you feel during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rarebear,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and fine tuning it to get the better numbers you are looking for.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 605 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.