Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP BUYING AN ASV MACHINE
RE: HELP BUYING AN ASV MACHINE
Sometimes, central apneas may be treated, at least partially, with protriptyline (a brand name is Vivactil). It prevents you from going so deeply asleep that you fail to breathe.

When I was initially diagnosed back around 1992, I was told I had a mixed central apnea and prescribed it. It helped me immensely. It is available generically in the US; it may be possible to get where you are, too.

(Currently, I'm told I now have an obstructive apnea, so things can change over time.)

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Vaughn i they already sent the machine, i got the prescription and it all worked out. i'm waiting for it now, i guess that will take a couple of weeks. I'll post here again asking for help to set it. sorry for not posting before and thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey:

I forgot to ask something in all this. Does the 9 ASV auto that i bought come with the possibility of adding oxygen to the therapy? It hasn't arrived yet. I don't even know if i'm asking this question right, but that's the idea. I just read somewhere recently that someone who was very sick with untreated, difficult to treat sleep apnea usted ASV + oxygen and it worked. I know this has to be prescribed after a titration and by a doctor, but i just wanna have that possibility open in the future, if i already didn't mess up not buying a machine i can do this with. How does this oxygen thing work? I've been suggested to try oxygen so many times, sometimes i think it must be for a reason. Do you have to buy an accessory for the machine, or does the machine have to come with this oxygen feature already? Thanks.

John.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oxygen is induced into the PAP flow with a Tee. For those who use the heated hose, the heated hose in available with a built in oxygen Tee.
Oxygen is usually supplied from a concentrator.

[Image: climateline.png]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The part is called a CPAP Oxygen Bleed Adapter, and you can find them for under $5.00 USD if you search. Some masks are also available with the ports built onto the mask. The image posted by Just Mongo is a Resmed Climateline hose with the adapter. Since you have a PRS1 950, you can just use the 22 mm adapter with the port.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he's considering an S9 Adapt.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 02:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: I think he's considering an S9 Adapt.

Actually, he never said, but both machines have been discussed. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is probably too late to do you any good, but maybe it'll help someone. 
I was finally diagnosed with Complex SA after several failures to do me any good. They prescribed the ResMed "VPAP Adapt SV" for me and used it on my sleep test. I've been using that for 7 years now and it has worked great. I quoted the exact name so anything different IS different. It can be confusing because I see several iterations of that name. I also had to go with a fullface mask because my mouth kept coming open. The Quatro. I'm also using a humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,539 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,982 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 639 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.