Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Problem using ResMed S9 Autoset
Problem using ResMed S9 Autoset
Apologies in advance for my ignorance; I'm new to C-PAPs.

I've used my S9 five successive evenings. On the fifth evening I felt I was getting too little air pressure. The device is set to min=11, max=14. The S9 readout this morning showed AHI=0.0--too good to be true and confirmation of my subjective sense that the S9 had not worked. The additional indexes displayed in a Sleepyhead report are also 0.0. I would love to receive suggestions concerning what I have done wrong, and how to make sure the problem does not occur again. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem using ResMed S9 Autoset
I would suggest that you take a look at what the data shows in SH and if you want to you can post it in this thread so we could look at it I get 0 AHI from time to time. it doesn't mean that you did anything wrong or that there's something wrong with your machine it's possible that your pressure is too low to make you feel like you did but it would be better if we could see your graphs from your import of last night's sleep for us to be able to help you more also it would be helpful if you update your profile and include that you have sleepy head and any other information that you either didn't put in your profile or that has changed and welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
you may have indeed had an AHI of 0.0. what happened to make you think you should have had non-zero score? did you feel refreshed or not?

From Sleepyhead, find the data chart from last night - like this:
[Image: izvss1W.png]

what are the minimum, median, and the 95% pressure? how long did you sleep?

thanks.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, you're cured. Congratulations. Rolleyes

Unplug the power cord to the S9 for a minute or so. Sometimes they will get stuck reporting 0, but it usually doesn't affect the SleepyHead data.

Why do you say the pressure is too low? After you use CPAP for a while, you will tend to not feel the pressure. Look on your SleepyHead report and see what the "Mask pressure" graph shows. I think the mask pressure reading is an actual measured pressure on the S9 machines, so if it quit blowing, it would probably show up there.

AHI of 0 is actually possible. Mine shows that on many nights.

Are you having any problems? How do you feel?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mashunsnik,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 01:14 AM)Mashunsnik Wrote: The additional indexes displayed in a Sleepyhead report are also 0.0.

Yeah, it kinda does sound like you had a problem. Did you notice whether or not the power in the house was working?

--- just foolin' with you. Did you see any lights on the S9?

Unplug it and plug it back in as Arch suggested. That let's the machine reboot. Then turn it on without the mask being attached to your face. Is air coming out? Lots of air?

Check to make sure the plugs are firmly in place at the wall, at the machine, and at the power brick.

Is the machine set to do "autostart," or "smartstart" (whatever it's called). If so, maybe you never got the thing to kick over. I had a Ford like that once. So just fool with it until you verify its working. You'll know the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,397 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 224 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 305 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,211 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.