Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
Hi. I have been using auto cpap and full face mask for 3 months.
Since therapy I am feeling much more fatigued all day and I am very dizzy with head pressure. I am also getting palpitations and anxiety more as the weeks go by.
I find that if I fall asleep like last night on the settee without cpap I feel much better the next day.
The first month or so I was not using cpap every night as I would fall asleep without it. Even when I used cpap I would often wake the next day not wearing the mask.
I am used to using cpap now and using it much more frequently but I feel worse than ever.
I sent my cpap machine report to the company I bought it off and they say I am doing well. They said my AHI is now about 7. My sleep study before cpap was AHI 38.2.
They said that I was getting mask leaks but I tightened my mask and that has been much better the past month or so.
I was hoping to feel a little better using cpap but I feel worse than ever.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
My machine report is below.

[attachment=1261]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
Not sure about the dizzy unless you have a low grade ear infection. The more consistantly you use the machine the better things get normally. On and off it doesnt work very well as you body never gets used to it and nothing ever settles down.

Cpap stopped palpations an afib with me in two weeks of starting it but I had no trouble getting used to it. So I used it every night and every nap. I felt like a new person the first morning being on therapy.

That said not everyone does and for those that do that new burst of energy and wide awake usually fades to the new normal so it isnt noticeable.

No expert here but one thing I can say. As long as you depend on "they" to read your results and no nothing about your own therapy as in get software and track it, pressures etc nothing will likely get much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 01:34 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Not sure about the dizzy unless you have a low grade ear infection. The more consistantly you use the machine the better things get normally. On and off it doesnt work very well as you body never gets used to it and nothing ever settles down.

Cpap stopped palpations an afib with me in two weeks of starting it but I had no trouble getting used to it. So I used it every night and every nap. I felt like a new person the first morning being on therapy.

That said not everyone does and for those that do that new burst of energy and wide awake usually fades to the new normal so it isnt noticeable.

No expert here but one thing I can say. As long as you depend on "they" to read your results and no nothing about your own therapy as in get software and track it, pressures etc nothing will likely get much better.

Thanks for your info. My machine does not have software I am aware of. It is a DEVILBISS AUTO CPAP PLUS. It just generates codes to check on website for report. I have not told NHS of me purchasing machine and I am due to trial a resmed machine on NHS next month for 2 weeks.
With an NHS machine they will monitor the machine and my sleep apnea see.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your pressure? Having too little pressure might be behind this.

Your profile lists your pressure as "NONE". I think we all would have to agree that this is the wrong pressure, for anyone, and also too little pressure, for anyone. Sleeping with an xPAP that has no pressure has all of the drawbacks and none of the advantages.
Post Reply Post Reply
it is set to default and I don't think it is possible for me to change it myself. There is no way of changing settings in the menu.
There is some sort oF socket on the back which looks like a ps2 socket.
When I turn my cpap machine on without using the mask the pressure goes up to 4.

LOWER PRESSURE LIMIT 5.0 hPa/cm H2O

UPPER PRESSURE LIMIT 15.0 hPa/cm H2O

RAMP DELAY 20 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
That reads like you have a 20 min ramp of 4 which is pretty useless except smother you to death. Then an auto set for a min of 5 to max of 15.

Yeah there is a way to change pressures yourself. you just have to find the clinican manual for your machine. There is NOTHING on a cpap machine that a Doc can set that you cant set yourself once you get into the secret clinicians settings which they guard like the gold mine for them that it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I have found how to enter clinical settings.
What should I change sorry when it comes to ramp or anything else?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add. I find the pressure when using cpap and falling asleep fine. In fact I find wearing the cpap very comforting and have no problems falling asleep as I am so tired all day and feel like I am at deaths door by the time I go to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just changed to these settings below:

LOWER PRESSURE LIMIT 9.0 hPa/cm H2O

RAMP DELAY 15 minutes

Delay Pressure 5

PREVIOUS OLD DEFAULT SETTINGS:

RAMP DELAY 25 minutes

Delay Pressure 4
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 03:59 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: I have just changed to these settings below:

LOWER PRESSURE LIMIT 9.0 hPa/cm H2O

RAMP DELAY 15 minutes

Delay Pressure 5

PREVIOUS OLD DEFAULT SETTINGS:

RAMP DELAY 25 minutes

Delay Pressure 4
I found on my old machine a ramp time of 5 minutes quite long enough to get my mask settled comfortably.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and dizzy after 8 months of CPAP Laurentdeebee 8 1,788 01-09-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Laurentdeebee
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,079 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
Sad [CPAP] Brainfog and dizzy feeling throughout six months of use youthfulapnea 5 628 12-18-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 577 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,033 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 636 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,387 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.