Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: RESMED QUATTRO FX
Humidifier: HEATED HUMIDIFIER
CPAP Pressure: 9.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
Last night was higher at AHI 7. May by due to high leak flow time of 24%.
I slept in same position as night before and had mask tight. Woke once with small leak and tightened mask a little more. Maybe I will seal the mask with my silicone gun tonight Thinking-about

02-07-2015 04:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

If you get a pulseoximeter, you need a recording model. The CMS-50D+ you listed does this. Be careful, there's a CMS-50D (without the plus) that doesn't record.

Contec makes several other models that record, too.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-07-2015 01:48 PM
dizzy1 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PHILIPS RESPIRONICS REMSTAR PRO SYSTEM ONE

Other Comments:

Thanks archangel I will look at getting one.
Thanks archangel I will look at getting one.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 03:22 AM by dizzy1.)
02-08-2015 03:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
dizzy1 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PHILIPS RESPIRONICS REMSTAR PRO SYSTEM ONE

Other Comments:

My AHI is increasing the past 2 nights. High leak flow time was better at 12% but AHI was 10.

Could too much pressure cause this?

Before increasing pressure for 3 months my AHI was 6.5 to 7.
First night of increasing pressure 5.5
second night 7
now third night 10
02-08-2015 03:45 AM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

It is much harder to help when you do not use some software that can show you the distribution of the apneas in your sleep, where and how the pressure increases, and even the basic breakdown of which as CA (central), OA (obstructive), and H (hypopnea).

It is also hard for us to remember the various stages of adjustment (setting changes) you have accomplished. I can't say I know what your settings are currently. Is it 9-15? Is there any pressure relief for exhale?

If you made swift changes to your minimum, and it was increased, it may take you several days to adjust to it. It is a brain-body thing. Most advisors would say to ride this current setting out for 7 to 10 days. Then if you make adjustments, make them in small increments.

Actual Observations:

In looking at your sleep study results, it is apparent that you do have more events while NOT on your back. 35% more. Although most people have worse conditions on their back, some do have the opposite. You may have gotten the generic advice from me and others to try to stay off your back. This might be inappropriate for you.

Your LL (large leaks) were down, and your AHI went up. Most machines are less accurate when having to deal with large leakage. Your past leakage may have masked some of the apneas you had, so it looks like your condition is worse after the pressure adjustment. But it may actually be better, even though the machine now scores more events. So keep working on getting your leakage consistently within acceptable range, (large leaks - 0% of the night). Great job so far, but 12% is still too high.

Did you notice any difference in the way you felt in the past three days compared to before you made the changes?

Keep a diary to aid you in accounting for changes and other interesting things like how you felt, how long you slept, disruptions, indigestion, pain experienced, even perhaps diet changes like whether you had alcohol within 2 hours of bed, had ice cream or not, medicines taken.

Good luck as you continue your treatment!

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-08-2015 10:57 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First week- why is my cpap making me dizzy? sleepjunky 44 26,454 11-12-2016 05:44 PM
Last Post: Clay L
  Fatigue and forgetfulness after treatment? marxxx 21 4,290 08-07-2016 01:42 PM
Last Post: StupidPlanet
  Daytime fatigue stories! jessamnda 10 761 07-24-2016 03:31 PM
Last Post: ger365
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 6,457 07-02-2016 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
Video [Health] Fatigue and OSA Lojos71 6 528 04-18-2016 03:25 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Six weeks in and fatigue has set in. Again Gyddyup 11 2,142 04-17-2016 09:26 PM
Last Post: Lojos71
  New User - Help with Identifying Cause of Fatigue after starting CPAP rogue01 7 1,668 05-23-2015 01:24 PM
Last Post: Buckeyedog