Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
RE: HELP DIZZY AND FATIGUE SINCE CPAP
Last night was higher at AHI 7. May by due to high leak flow time of 24%.
I slept in same position as night before and had mask tight. Woke once with small leak and tightened mask a little more. Maybe I will seal the mask with my silicone gun tonight Thinking-about
[attachment=1265]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get a pulseoximeter, you need a recording model. The CMS-50D+ you listed does this. Be careful, there's a CMS-50D (without the plus) that doesn't record.

Contec makes several other models that record, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks archangel I will look at getting one.
Thanks archangel I will look at getting one.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI is increasing the past 2 nights. High leak flow time was better at 12% but AHI was 10.

Could too much pressure cause this?

Before increasing pressure for 3 months my AHI was 6.5 to 7.
First night of increasing pressure 5.5
second night 7
now third night 10
Post Reply Post Reply
It is much harder to help when you do not use some software that can show you the distribution of the apneas in your sleep, where and how the pressure increases, and even the basic breakdown of which as CA (central), OA (obstructive), and H (hypopnea).

It is also hard for us to remember the various stages of adjustment (setting changes) you have accomplished. I can't say I know what your settings are currently. Is it 9-15? Is there any pressure relief for exhale?

If you made swift changes to your minimum, and it was increased, it may take you several days to adjust to it. It is a brain-body thing. Most advisors would say to ride this current setting out for 7 to 10 days. Then if you make adjustments, make them in small increments.

Actual Observations:

In looking at your sleep study results, it is apparent that you do have more events while NOT on your back. 35% more. Although most people have worse conditions on their back, some do have the opposite. You may have gotten the generic advice from me and others to try to stay off your back. This might be inappropriate for you.

Your LL (large leaks) were down, and your AHI went up. Most machines are less accurate when having to deal with large leakage. Your past leakage may have masked some of the apneas you had, so it looks like your condition is worse after the pressure adjustment. But it may actually be better, even though the machine now scores more events. So keep working on getting your leakage consistently within acceptable range, (large leaks - 0% of the night). Great job so far, but 12% is still too high.

Did you notice any difference in the way you felt in the past three days compared to before you made the changes?

Keep a diary to aid you in accounting for changes and other interesting things like how you felt, how long you slept, disruptions, indigestion, pain experienced, even perhaps diet changes like whether you had alcohol within 2 hours of bed, had ice cream or not, medicines taken.

Good luck as you continue your treatment!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and dizzy after 8 months of CPAP Laurentdeebee 8 1,788 01-09-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Laurentdeebee
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,079 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
Sad [CPAP] Brainfog and dizzy feeling throughout six months of use youthfulapnea 5 628 12-18-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 577 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,033 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 636 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,387 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.