Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP NEEDED [ResMed S9 settings]
HELP NEEDED [ResMed S9 settings]
I have a RESMED SERIES 9 MODEL H5 I sleep apnea machine.,They never gave me instructionsons how to use it So I amself tought and no owners manual. The main screen has 2 colors, one is blue and the other is orange. I can make my moisture settings in the orange screen but once I am finished do I use the machine while the blue screen is on or does it get used while in the orange settings screen.,I keep waking up choking and short of breath and don't think I am using this the correct way.

Really need some help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP NEEDED.
DIZZY,
If you have the S9, order the Clinicians manual for your machine here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Be sure to list the machine name and model exactly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should the screen color be  Blue or orange after my settings have been chosen and its in a normal RUN MODE.  NO one explained or showed me anything on this machine and I just don't know how to use it.  It was given to me by the Veterans Hospital and calls to them have gone unanswered.
Post Reply Post Reply
DIZZY,
I've never used an S9, so hang in there, someone will be along that will be able to help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Dizzy. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The screen should be in the blue state for normal running. The orange indicates you're in a settings mode. As OpalRose said, get hold of the manual from the link at the top of the page.

I'm going to move this thread to the main forum where it will get more attention.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you are short of breath, have 6 as your minimum with no ramp, set the max at 15 for now.
have a read of this basic set up, ask about anything you are unsure of ..till the full clinical manual is emailed out.
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

the humidifier setting when orange, you can turn the dial and the number changes, when you are finished push the dial and it will go blue, you can then turn it to home or ramp

the s9 will have a sd card, the same as used in cameras etc. that works with the sleepyhead program that is in the link at the top of the page. it's needed to help you work out your pressures etc.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed S9 has several models; Escape, Escape Auto, Elite and Autoset are the CPAPs, while bilevels have names like VPAP-S, VPAP Auto, VPAP Adapt etc. Neither of the Escape models produce useful data. H5i is the humidifier series sold with all Resmed S9 models. The model name is on the front of the flow generator. Please update your profile with the MODEL you are using. If you cannot find the model name, let us know the model number from the back plate (5-digits usually starts with 36###)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my RESMED S9 SERIES CPAP,from the Veteran's hospital after my sleep study results showed I stopped breathing well,over 45 times in one hour and on my slept 90 min total in a 9 hour study. The Veterans hospitsl HAS NOT been,very helpful,with my questions about this machine and at 68 years old and in poor health I need all the help I can get. I just asked them One simple question to which they can't seem to help me. I constantly wake up with a severely dry throat,  mouth and sometimes a nose bleed. I asked them HOW DO I SET THE HUMIDITY TEMP on my machine and they failed to help me.  CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME  or send me a link to a Video that shows me how.

My water in the tank and the plate in the bottom of my machine never gets warm.

I turn the machine on. Turn the dial till I find the Humidity screen. I press the bottom and the screen turns orange and I adjust to my temp requirements and then press and hold the button for 3 sec. The screen will then turn BLUE and say WARMING UP but it never seems to get warm. I leave it like that for about t minutes before setting my dial at either 3.5 or 4.0 and the air starts blowing but it stays cool or cold and never gets warm.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG
Post Reply Post Reply
Dizzy,
Are you using a Climateline heated hose?
What is the humidity setting displayed on your machine?

The heating plate does not get hot, but can reach temperatures a bit higher than body temperature. If it has malfunctioned, I don't know that the system sets an alarm. Using warm water in the humidifier will give you a bigger boost in humidity early in the night than starting with cold water. Using a Climateline heated tube will allow more humidity to be delivered to the mask. If you are not using a Climateline tube, ask your doctor to add it to your equipment prescription (based on your symptoms it is easily justified); or just buy one on Amazon for about $40.

If you are using a Climateline hose, be sure the setup menu has PATIENT enabled under climate control This requires you to enter the settings menu (control knob+home button) and select the OPTIONS menu. If you have quetions about the setup menu, please ask for a setup manual using the directions at the CPAP Setup Manual link at the top of this page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a heated hose and I set the humi6 temp at 68 to 72.  I use Room temperature distilled water in the tank and it seems that the inside warmer plate stays cool to the touch and never gets warm at all.

I also have the level set at between 3.rand 5.0
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,019 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 262 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 271 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 934 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 669 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.